Contrast Issue with LK202-24-USB

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Stocky
LCD?

Contrast Issue with LK202-24-USB

Post by Stocky »

Hello, I can't change the contrast in LCDC. I can change the brightness fine, but when I change from even 0 - 100 in contrast there is no visible difference!

Codes on back= LK202-24-USB, Rev 1.6, V2.1

I downloaded the latest LCDC from the download section...

Any ideas?

Also how do I activate my copy? - I tried typing in the code on the CD but it didn't work :(

Stocky
LCD?

Re: Contrast Issue with LK202-24-USB

Post by Stocky »

Stocky wrote:I can't change the contrast in LCDC. I can change the brightness fine, but when I change from even 0 - 100 in contrast there is no visible difference!
Anyone?

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Hi Stocky,

Thank you for posting on our fourms. When the display is powered up, what does the contrast look like....is it too dark or too lite??
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

Stocky
LCD?

Post by Stocky »

Hi Miles,

Thanks for the reply :)

The contrast is almost right (a little light), it's okay if you look down on the display. I was planning on mounting it behind a lens, so would require the text to be darker. But adjusting the contrast in LCDC doesn't do anything at all, yet the brightness does (after refreshing). Is there a way to adjust it physically on the board?

Cheers,
Stocky

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Hi Stocky,

To adjust contrast, it has to be done via firmware. With that being said, can you please contact Tom at tlam@matrixorbital.ca and he we will discuss some RMA options with you. I appreciate your patience regarding this matter.
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

Contrast change will not go into effect until you "start" the display or go into Test mode... it is not a live setting that can be seen changing.
## # Mat # ##
LCDC - Drive it to the edge baby!
http://www.lcdc.cc
Matthew@DPS.uk.com
DPS Ltd. (Not MO!)