text not being displayed!!

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

abhas
LCD?

Post by abhas »

Hi everyone

was trying out the new glk12232-25 display we got last week - essentially we want to use it under Linux - but i could not get the text working - followed the command manual but still it does not work!! Even tried it out with mogd.exe demo program under windoze - but though all graphic functions work great, text still does not display.

I re-uploaded the fonts to the display's memory - so it doesn't seem to be a font problem.. so what am i doing wrong here? can anyone mail some sort of psuedocode to get it to work?? anyone with any experience under Linux??

and while we are on it - graphics seem to be working under linux, but 0,0 gets mapped to somehwhere near the center of the screen!! I know that it sound ridiculous but when we plot a pixel at 0,0 it doesn't go "up there" - it works in windoze so the LCD ain't the priblem..

help of any sort will be very helpful!!!

cheers,
Abhas.
DeepRoot Linux,
Bangalore, INDIA.

Aniso
-=Beloved by all=-
-=Beloved by all=-

Post by Aniso »

after uploading a new font, please make sure that you also set the current font (else how does it know which font to use) and set font metrics (else how does it know how to place characters). This will probably solve your problem.
anis- or aniso- combining form [NL, fr. Gk, fr. anisos, fr. a- + isos equal]
: unequal <anisotropic>

abhas
LCD?

Post by abhas »

Well - this is the sequence we followed in out C program and mogd.exe - both.

Set Backlight
Set Contrast
Set scroll or set wrap
Set current font
Set font metrics
Set Curent Text position
Send characters

that should've worked - right?? Again our graphics problem still bugs us!!! :sad:

cheers,
abhas.
---
DeepRoot Linux
Bangalore, INDIA

Aniso
-=Beloved by all=-
-=Beloved by all=-

Post by Aniso »

As a sanity check, use magd to turn on and off the backlight. Are you communicating?

Now, use the "Wipe module file system" button. Check the backlight. Still communicating?

Now upload a font to reference number 1. set current font to 1. Set font metrics to reasonable numbers.

Send text.

If you can communicate, and if you can upload a font, I have never seen this not work. If you still cannot get text, make sure the contrast is high enough to see a test line or box.

abhas
LCD?

Post by abhas »

I wiped out the filesytem and loaded the fonts again... and then tried to write the text!! and it worked!!!

thanks a lot for the suggestion...

i will try to look at the graphics problem again (0,0 gets mapped to somewhere in the center of the screen)

thanks again!!

abhas.
---
DeepRoot Linux
Bangalore, INDIA