LCD2041 Blue LCD Bargraph Problems

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

jheiv
LCD!

LCD2041 Blue LCD Bargraph Problems

Post by jheiv »

I have to LCD2041 both HW rev2 -- the black on green one displays a bargraph fine but the blue one displays the partial squares but then jumps to an inverted "P" character when the box should be full. Since it works perfectly on the green LCD i won't include my code... but is there any way to override that character and just make it a solid box? I initialized the horizontal bar graph correctly, btw.
-Jim

PHM1023
LCD?

Post by PHM1023 »

i also got the same problem... mod pls advise

Nick
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Nick »

PHM1023 and jheiv,

This is due to the character set's changing from Japanese to European. There has also been a firmware update for this problem as well.

In order to fix this problem you will have to return the units for an exchange. To do this, simply send an email to Jon Klassen, our RMA Manager, jklassen@matrixorbital.ca

Please be aware however, that Jon is attending a trade show this week and next in Boston, so his replies may take a couple days.

Thank you for your patience in this matter.

Regards,
Nick Hesson
Sales Rep.
Matrix Orbital

mherron
LCD?

"P" in the bar graph

Post by mherron »

I have this issue also, and I just bought this display from DigiKey almost a year after the previous post! Is there a software work-around, like manually entering the all black character?

Nick
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: "P" in the bar graph

Post by Nick »

mherron wrote:I have this issue also, and I just bought this display from DigiKey almost a year after the previous post! Is there a software work-around, like manually entering the all black character?
mherron,

Thank you for posting.

What was the date that you purchased the display from Digi-Key? Digi-Key only signed on a few months ago, and by the time they signed on with us, we had already changed from Japanese to European character sets.

If you can let me know when you bought it, and if you could even confirm your PCB Revision it will help get to the bottom of this. Do you have an LCD2041 as well?
Nick Hesson
Sales Rep.
Matrix Orbital