Changing Baud Rate On LK202-24-USB

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

pSxMoD
LCD?

Changing Baud Rate On LK202-24-USB

Post by pSxMoD »

Hi. I have a LK202-24-USB Rev 1.4 display that I would like to connect to my Basic Stamp 2. It is currently set on 19.2 kbps for my computer, but I need to change it to 9600 bps in order to connect it to my Basic Stamp. I tried using software such as Display Tuner to change the baud rate, but every time I change it, it goes right back to 19.2 kbps. Do I have to solder/desolder a point on the board in order to remember the changes? Do I have to jumper a certain point on the board? I looked at the manuals, but there are only manuals for Rev 1.0 and Rev 1.6 and these two boards look different than the one I have which is Rev 1.4. I appreciate your help. Thanks.

-Mike

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hello Mike,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

The LK202-24-USB module does not offer baud rate change feature. It is fixed at 19200; in fact, all our USB modules are at fixed 19200 baud.
I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

pSxMoD
LCD?

Post by pSxMoD »

Thanks for your quick response. What display would you recommend that I get if I wanted to be able to use it with my Basic Stamp and once in a while, my computer? Would any serial display that you make be appropriate? Thanks.

Nick
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Nick »

pSxMoD wrote:Thanks for your quick response. What display would you recommend that I get if I wanted to be able to use it with my Basic Stamp and once in a while, my computer? Would any serial display that you make be appropriate? Thanks.
Mike, that is correct. Any of our serial displays would be ideal for you.

Did you need help selecting one?
Nick Hesson
Sales Rep.
Matrix Orbital