Largest font for floating point number on GLK24064

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

gsohl1970
LCD?

Largest font for floating point number on GLK24064

Post by gsohl1970 »

I'm trying to display a floating point number (e.g. "12.34") as large as possible on a GLK24064 LCD display. I'd like the height of each digit to be as tall as possible (say 60 to 64 pixels tall).

I would also like to keep the decimal point in a fixed location, so the numbers (0-9) should be monospaced.

What is the best way to generate such a font? All of the example fonts are way too small for my needs. The limited onboard memory may mean that I need to limit my font to just numbers and the "." character? Has anyone created a simple "huge numbers" + "." font for displaying floating point numbers?

Thanks

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: Largest font for floating point number on GLK24064

Post by Clark »

Hi GSohl,

Using the Font Generator in MOGD# you can create your own GLK font using any installed Windows font. Start with a monotype font, I believe Courier is one but you could Google others. Given the large size, I would recommend starting with a font set from character 46 to 58 (. to 9).

Once you generate a font, you can change individual characters as needed by double clicking each in the modify menu. Once you have a suitable font, I would recommend you wipe the module filesystem (again due to space) before uploading. If you have any trouble don't hesitate to post.

Thanks,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital