Trying to get lcdc to detect my mx412

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

diarh34
LCD!

Trying to get lcdc to detect my mx412

Post by diarh34 »

So I installed the latest USB dirvers with no problems but when I go to auto detect in lcdc it just searches com1 and finds nothing. In the drop down all I can choose is com1. Would really like some help with this, been trying to use this thing forever. It worked fine in windows xp but I am running win7 ultimate now.

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: Trying to get lcdc to detect my mx412

Post by Clark »

Hi diarh34,

I'm sorry to see your MX412 is still not communicating with LCDC, please confirm that it is connected to com1 using your device manager. If it is not, look for any improperly installed drivers for that display in the device manager, indicated by an exclamation mark inside a yellow triangle, right click and select update. If it is connected, try setting up the unit manually in LCDC and hitting Test Display (default speed is 19200).

Thanks,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

diarh34
LCD!

Post by diarh34 »

I select LK204-24-USB or MX4xx with 19200 and don't get anything when I test screen. It's just stuck on an old C disk screen I had from my old computer.

diarh34
LCD!

Post by diarh34 »

I'm thinking there might be something wrong with the unit,it worked when I messed with it like a month ago on a box running xp but I just tried to get it to work on an old computer with xp and am having the same issue. Also I did not mention before but the screen it self is stuck on an old C:\ space free screen but I think it used to do that before until I started lcdc. Could the unit be messed up? Is there some way to reset it?

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi diarh34,

Please double check your Device Manager to ensure the display drivers are installed correctly, then start trying different baud rates in LCDC. The start screen is not a problem, but it may be that the unit has accidentally been set to a baud rate other than the default 19200. Unfortunately, our override/reset function was implemented after the MX series was released.

Thanks,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

diarh34
LCD!

Post by diarh34 »

I have it set to 19200 in lcdc and am not able to get anything, here is a screenshot.

diarh34
LCD!

Post by diarh34 »

Still really want to get this working

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi diarh34,

I appreciate the image provided; it looks like you have a number of USB drivers installed incorrectly. Please open up the Ports tab of your Device Manager to confirm the virtual com port number for your display.

Also, with the Device Manager open, disconnect and reconnect your USB cable and monitor changes in the list to confirm which entries belong to the display and that the drivers are indeed installed correctly. You might repeat this process for all other USB devices on your system and uninstall/repair any incorrectly installed drivers shown in yellow.

Once you confirm the display is installed correctly and has a valid port number, move on to LCDC.

Thanks,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

diarh34
LCD!

Post by diarh34 »

What can I do with the port number once I get to lcdc? I am only able to select com1.

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi diarh34,

LCDC will list all available ports, if your driver is not installed correctly a new virtual com port will not be created. Please check your Device Manager to confirm that a port number is assigned to your display and take note of its value for use in LCDC.

Thanks,
Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital