Communicating to MOS-AP-202

Support for MOC/MOS/MOI/MOU/X-Board/MOP

Moderator: Mods

Nige7
LCD?

Communicating to MOS-AP-202

Post by Nige7 »

:-? I've just received two of the units above with the pre-made cables for the A: power and Comms port. Having connected everything and switched on the unit fires up with the default screen, showing the model name etc, looks great.
I've then tried to comunicate with the unit using hypertrm, as memtion in your manual, selecting com1 and the baud rate 19200,n,8,1. It's displays connected in the lower part of the screen, but when I try and type something, nothing happens, I'm not sure if the hypertrm screen should display the text which is typed or not, the cursor just sits there and there no reponse from the LCD.
I'm sure I must be doing something wrong, any ideas

Jon
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Jon »

Hi Nige7,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

I wonder if you have more than 1 comm port in your system. Please try the other ones if you have them. The settings you have are correct: 19200, N, 8, 1. When characters are typed in hyperterminal they should appear on the display.

Please let me know how it turns out.

Nige7
LCD?

Post by Nige7 »

There's only one comm port on this PC and it seems correctly enabled in the device manager. I've also try using a laptop and the second LCD unit with the other cable, with no luck. Having not used Hyperterminal before, I'm not sure if it's working correctly, because as I type the charactors, it freezes the connection time display momentarily, maybe trying to send someone, is this normal. Can you recommend any other program I can use to test the unit?

Thanks Nige7

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hi Nige7,

Please try uProject which you can get from:

http://www.matrixorbital.ca/software/so ... /uproject/

Please let me know how it turns out.
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

Nige7
LCD?

Post by Nige7 »

:wink: Hi Raquel
I down loaded the uProject application and both unit are now working fine, so there must have been something wrong with the Hyperterm software.

Thanks for your help
Nige7

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

In hyperterm you have to set flow control to off, it's on by default. Glad they are working out for you.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital