MOP-AL204A-BBTW Backlight

Support for MOC/MOS/MOI/MOU/X-Board/MOP

Moderator: Mods

Vernon
LCD?

MOP-AL204A-BBTW Backlight

Post by Vernon »

MOP-AL204A-BBTW

I am going to purchase this display. I note that the backlight supply is 4.1V. Is this a "bare" LED or is there some kind of current regulator in the display ? Do I need to provide a series resistor to limit the current as I would with any LED ? I was thinking 5.6 OHM 2 Watt and the 5V supply. Please clarify.

Thanks.

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hello Vernon,

Thank you for your post.

I looked at the spec sheet to verify how much is the forward current for the blue backlight; unfortunately, that information is missing. I am going to look for the full spec for the blue backlight.

In the mean time, I suggest only 15 Ohms for the current limitting resistor. It will put the current down to around 60 mA.

Thanks,
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

Vernon
LCD?

Post by Vernon »

Raquel wrote:Hello Vernon,

Thank you for your post.

I looked at the spec sheet to verify how much is the forward current for the blue backlight; unfortunately, that information is missing. I am going to look for the full spec for the blue backlight.

In the mean time, I suggest only 15 Ohms for the current limitting resistor. It will put the current down to around 60 mA.

Thanks,
Ok great.

I tried to buy one and can't seem to accomplish that. I did a search on part

MOP-AL204A-BBTW-25J-3IN

on several of your distributors and come up empty. You checkout leads one all through various steps and then tells you it is not in service. How do I buy this parallel interface, 4 x 20, blue backlight, white letter display ?

I have money and really want one.