Moderator: Mods

min0me
LCD?

MOU-AL202C, freenas/freebsd on a Supermicro X7SPE-H

Post by min0me »

Hi,

over the weekend a build a freenas device using a Supermicro X7SPE-H,
its a new intel atom (D510) mobo.
I've hooked up a MOU-AL202C using the onboard pin headers, but when the computer is powered on, the screen fails to start.
I have to physically unplug the device and replug it in for it to turn on and then freebsd is able to see the device..

any ideas where i'm going wrong?
i spoke to supermicro and they told me they dont support *bsd and that i had to talk to matrix orbital...

regards,

Germano

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Germano,

I have replied in more detail to your email ticket, as I mentioned, while I'm not familiar with the FreeBSD OS, I hope the manual loading directions in our Linux AppNote will help. If you have any further trouble, please don't hesitate to post or email (please stick with one so we don't get confused here). :wink:

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Germano,

Speaking with Engineering here, I'm less confident in the manual loading solution. It appears your drivers are being installed correctly, but seem to need prodding on restart. You mentioned you provide alternate power as well, but even then the screen only lights up and still needs to be replugged.

As mentioned, we're not terribly familiar with FreeBSD here, but if you could provide updates as we go we'll support what we do know and try to resolve the issue.

Thanks,
~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital