No scrolling with my videos-play.xml

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

Aloha
LCD Guru

No scrolling with my videos-play.xml

Post by Aloha »

I modified the XML files in c:\Program Files\Matrix Orbital DriverCore\Resources\240x64x1\default\mce\, and I am more or less happy with the layouts (still not sure if I can change the background color and sometimes the system is not firing events, even though I am running Vista, and I have to restart Media Center), but most of all I would like to fix the scrolling problem. Below is the listing of my videos-play.xml and it never scrolls the file name for me. What is wrong?

videos-play.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<!-- videos-play.xml: for playing videos (wma, etc., not recorded tv) -->

<layout background="border.png">
<image x="0" y="0" width="256" height="64">videos-play.png</image>

<videos-title x="0" y="6" width="240" height="20" fontname="Arial" fontsize="10" alignment="center" fontstyle="Bold, Italic" />

<videos-transport x="-35" y="-21" width="264" height="64"/>

<videos-elapsed x="0" y="23" width="150" height="20" fontcolor="000000" fontname="Arial" fontsize="11" fontstyle="Bold" alignment="center"/>
<videos-progress x="105" y="26" width="90" height="10" background="progress-background.png" foreground="progress-foreground.png"/>
<videos-duration x="105" y="34" width="90" height="20" fontcolor="000000" fontname="Arial" fontsize="8" fontstyle="Bold, Italic" alignment="center"/>
</layout>

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

The video title is a non scrolling item at this moment, I'll change it to a scrolling item in the next version.

if you change

<layout background="border.png">

to

<layout background="border.png" backlight="ff0000">

You should have a red background, its prettymuch the same as you define colors in html but without the # infront of it.

Aloha
LCD Guru

Post by Aloha »

Ray:

I tried exatly what you suggested, the background did not change:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<!--
recorded-shows.xml: shown when the use has navigated to recorded shows but not started a show.
This layout shows a "music" text treatment and current date and time.

MediaDisplay (MediaState Managed Assembly Sample Application) layout file.
-->

<layout background="border.png" backlight="ff0000">

<image x="0" y="0" width="256" height="64">recorded-shows.png </image>

</layout>

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

hummz according to my notes it got removed just before we shipped cause it wasn't possible to get the default background color back then, I'll fill in the few open ends today and I can assure you this will make it into the next version.

As for your removed rant (and yes I do see all) you are more then welcome to join the beta program, give me a PM if you are interested.

Aloha
LCD Guru

Post by Aloha »

Sometimes I edit my posts like 10 times. A little bit off-topic, but how many previous edits you can see?

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Sometimes I edit my posts like 10 times. A little bit off-topic, but how many previous edits you can see?
I'm checking every 5 mins for new/edited posts keeping history of the last 200 forum posts/edits. So anything you edit in between those checks I do not see