Typhoon Cable Options

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

WmMcNett
LCD!

Post by WmMcNett »

I would have done bought one of those cables at the time II bought the display but it's not listed through the distributor I bought the display from.

I would have bought it through another distributor but not when I have to pay over $10 US just to ship the cable.

I would have done hacked the supplied USB cable if I had the terminals. Splicing wires I could do but I don't like to.

I have, on hand, header pins and an internal USB cable.

When I start putting my 2nd HTPC together I'll be sure to order 2 of them Mini Internal USB cables along with the 2nd display.

An External Device uses external ports.
An Internal Device uses internal headers.

Bill

niknak
LCD?

Post by niknak »

I'm in the same boat.

Although - the reseller I purchased the GX from lists "1x Internal USB Cable" as included in the specifications (in ADDITION to the external cable) - so naturally I didn't buy one.

I contacted the reseller and they refuse to send me the internal cable because they say it's Matrix Orbital's fault for supplying inaccurate specifications!

I found this useful information if no-one takes responsibility and I am forced to splice my own cable together:

http://pinouts.ru/Slots/USB_pinout.shtml

Clare
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clare »

Hi Niknak,

Which re-seller did you purchase from?

When a GX Typhoon is purchased (even when a re-seller purchases from us to re-sell), we only include the external USB cable and NOT the internal one as well.

Once I know who you purchased from I can contact them and correct them.

Thanks,
Clare

niknak
LCD?

Post by niknak »

I purchased it from www.frozencpu.com

However, I've just received and e-mail from them agreeing to send me the internal cable free-of-charge.

They've also now updated the product page and remove the internal cable.

Luckily, they have also now agreed to send me the internal cable free-of-charge.

Spiceweasel
LCD?

Post by Spiceweasel »

Clark wrote:Hi Bill,

If you do decide to come back to us for your display needs in they future, feel free to send an email to sales@matrixorbital.ca inquiring about any custom needs you may have. Although all packages featured on our site are standard, we'll definitely do what we can to customize something that will match your needs and allow you to get the job done right.

~Troy
*sigh * I would love to have known that prior to spending 100.00 bucks. :cry: