General Questions on LCD Functions

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

andczo
LCD?

General Questions on LCD Functions

Post by andczo »

Hello,
I have a couple of issues with this thing... it would really help to have a manual... anyway here goes:
1/. I want it to work with Vista Media Centre. Surely there is a plugin for this that provides a nice interface? Can someone please point me in the right direction to get one?
2/. There is a media centre folder with lots of media centre related files/pictures(?) in it. What use are they and how can i make use of them if a plugin does not exist?
3/. I used the config tool to create an orange display. ACE! Saved the profile but everytime i start the PC it goes into multicolour mode and cycles through different colours. How do i save it to be orange always?

Thanx in advance.. did i mention a manual would help?

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

The GX Ships with a media center plugin by default (its the same plugin that does the clock). the files you found in the driver core folder are used by that plugin.

If you want a more personal design for your media center stuff I'd suggest to upgrade to the latest software that allows you to do that from LCD Studio and while its at it fixes your background color problem too :)

I'll add to you the beta group so you'll have access to the latest soft and firmware.

andczo
LCD?

Post by andczo »

Ray.. thank-you!
just incase you haven't noticed I'm a bit of a novice so please put up with my silly questions...
How do i select the plugin? I can see the list of plugin's that are all ticked, but i cannot see one that specifically says vista or Media centre or anything of the like... can you please direct me on this one...

Thank-you again!

andczo
LCD?

Post by andczo »

Sorry Ray, but one further question...

should i un-install the software i already have on my system before installing the latest one? or does it handle updates ok... Thanx again

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Follow the upgrade guide (yes there's actual documentation this time) and you'll be fine!

andczo
LCD?

Post by andczo »

Thanx Ray. I will give it a shot this weekend...