The Basics

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

mrpayne
LCD!

The Basics

Post by mrpayne »

I'm new to the LCD thing, had a spare bay in my latest water cooled build, spied one of the new screens and figured I'd give it a shot. Checked out this forum and the LCD studio forum, as I'm using the GX typhoon this would seem to be the place to post.
A few questions/statements:
The basic screen has a std program built into it. Can this be replaced by a new app created in LCDStudio? Or is LCDStudio always running to feed the screen?

Does LCD Studio allow to rotate through multiple screens?(as in the built in display) as a function or does one do this manually?

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

LcdStudio always has to be running to feed the screen, data does not magically appear out of nowhere :)

However it doesn't have to have the taskbar button there all the time, it can be setup to play a playlist from the background. See the quickstart on how to setup your playlists. And after that you can go to the option screen to select the default playlist and startup mode.

mrpayne
LCD!

Post by mrpayne »

Thanks, not really into music on the box. More into temps/loads, maybe some bogus SF related "incoming msg' screens, etc.