Help Please

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

marti123
LCD?

Help Please

Post by marti123 »

Just got my GX Typhoon and im struggling to work out how to get it how i want. Ive usede lcde studio but have to load up and have it running all the time to use what ive made but its still not what im trying for. What im trying to get is display like this in the pic below.

Any help appriciated thanks.

marti123
LCD?

Post by marti123 »

19 views no reply can anyone help pls?

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

LcdStudio doesn't ship with any predefined screens, you can easily design and make it display anything you want by dragging information on your display. If you want a quick tutorial on how the designer works check out this page

mrpayne
LCD!

Post by mrpayne »

I believe answer that you are looking for is:
LCDStudio needs to be running to give you the screen that you are looking for. Without LCDStudio running you will just have the default screens displayed.

There is no way (that I know of, or plans to) allow you to flash/upload your specific display to the device. While LCD Studio does not take up overhead, if the ability existed to upload your design to the Typhoon (or any other MO future product) it would take the product from great to KILLER.

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Its impossible to do though, most of the data the designs use need to be extracted from the OS somehow and there's no way for a USB Device to do that on its own you always need something running to feed the device data.

mrpayne
LCD!

Post by mrpayne »

The is seeming doing this by default when it is showing time, cpu load, etc? What am I missing?

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Thats being fed by lcdinfo.exe which runs all the time.