G15-enabled apps?

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

Pyrepenol
LCD?

G15-enabled apps?

Post by Pyrepenol »

Alot of games and applications out there support the G15 keyboard (World of Warcraft, Team Fortress 2, Ventrilo, Everest,...) with in-game stats and no-setup readouts, and almost sold me on it. The thing is, if im going to blow 100 bucks on something I want it be spent on technical prowess not gimmicky features on a keyboard I don't want, which is why I've been looking at the GX.

Now, from a technical standpoint is it possible for LCD Studio to use the data from these apps? If so could we ever see it implemented?

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

Those games wrote special support for the G15 which they haven't for the GX so thats not supported out of the box and to make it worse most of them are fairly popular online games so they have all kinds of anti cheating technology if lcdstudio were to invade the process to read some data you'll be most likely kicked off/banned for cheating. I'm fairly sure that with enough motivation and determination it would be technically possible just I'm afraid the anti-cheating systems will kick you in the butt once you got it working.

Pyrepenol
LCD?

Post by Pyrepenol »

Ray wrote:Those games wrote special support for the G15 which they haven't for the GX so thats not supported out of the box and to make it worse most of them are fairly popular online games so they have all kinds of anti cheating technology if lcdstudio were to invade the process to read some data you'll be most likely kicked off/banned for cheating. I'm fairly sure that with enough motivation and determination it would be technically possible just I'm afraid the anti-cheating systems will kick you in the butt once you got it working.
Assuming we know exactly how the games use the Logitech drivers, wouldn't it be theoretically possible to create new drivers based on the output of the games? I'm not going to pretend that I know alot about programming or that im not talking out of my ass, but I am thinking of taking this up as a reason to get a jump on learning C++ for my CS major.

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

More fun most of the logitech code is staticly linked into the games, then they all hook to a central dll which you can emulate with a little reverse engineering (done this during the development of the GX, but never made it into any public release) but due to the fact that the GX doesn't have the 4 buttons the G15 has its kinda useless also the GX is a 240x64 display and the G15 only 160x43 so its gonna be a tiny window with data in the center of the GX that looked kinda lame as well those are mainly the reasons for never releasing it.