windows 7 question

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

cjdoug
LCD?

windows 7 question

Post by cjdoug »

I will be buying a Matrix Orbital GX Typhoon USB Tri-Color LCD soon.

I would love to know if and when i get my unit it will work correctly with windows 7 ultimate .

I see that the drivers page is updated for other LCD series but not the typhoon , is there a eta on and when the stable drivers for windows 7 will arrive ?

EDIT :I see a thread for windows 7 beta drivers as well but its a few months old.

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

So is windows 7 :) Just in case you found the beta drivers somewhere, the RTM Drivers you can find here After that just install the latest software pack and you should be good to go.

philwong
LCD?

Post by philwong »

Was using my GX Typhoon under Win 7 Ultimate before it die on me.

Phil

philwong
LCD?

Post by philwong »

Ray wrote:So is windows 7 :) Just in case you found the beta drivers somewhere, the RTM Drivers you can find here After that just install the latest software pack and you should be good to go.
Hi Ray, do I install the x64 or x86 drivers if I'm using 64bit Win 7 Ultimate?

Phil

Clark
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clark »

Hi Phil,

Ray is technically away beginning today for two weeks as he's getting on a plane tonight to help represent us at Embedded World in Nuremberg. In his absence, I've looked into the naming conventions and am rather confident that the x64 drivers will be for your 64bit application, while the x86 commonly refer to a 32bit architecture.

~Troy
Troy Clark
Design & Development
Matrix Orbital

philwong
LCD?

Post by philwong »

Clark wrote:Hi Phil,

Ray is technically away beginning today for two weeks as he's getting on a plane tonight to help represent us at Embedded World in Nuremberg. In his absence, I've looked into the naming conventions and am rather confident that the x64 drivers will be for your 64bit application, while the x86 commonly refer to a 32bit architecture.

~Troy
Got that sorted out already.

Check out my rig here
http://www.lcdforums.com/forums/viewtop ... 1827#21827

Phil