Typhoon IR Receiver

GX and Typhoon hardware, this includes, displays, cables and accessory cards.

Moderator: Mods

Etharr
LCD?

Typhoon IR Receiver

Post by Etharr »

Hello,
IR Receiver of Typhoon is fully MCE RC6 comaptible? If it works with XBOX 360 Univeral Remote?
Is this receiver visible in Windows system as Microsoft eHome Infrared Transceiver?

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: Typhoon IR Receiver

Post by Raquel »

Hi Etharr,

Thank you for posting on the forum.
Yes, the IR Receiver of the GX Typhoon is MCE RC6 compatible, works with XBOX 360 Univeral Remote and visible to Windows system but only a receiver (does not transmit).
I hope this helps.
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

NssOne
LCD?

Re: Typhoon IR Receiver

Post by NssOne »

Sorry, just bumping this since it would be rather unnecessary to start a new thread.

I got myself one of the xbox 360 universal remotes. I'm wondering how I can use this with my GX Typhoon for media controls or anything of the sort (running Windows 8.1). I'm kind of at a loss at figuring this one out.

EDIT: Kind of at less of a loss now since I found this article on the XMBC wiki. Now I just need to figure out how I can command my PC with it some more.

2nd EDIT: XBMC has an add-on that allows you to edit the registry to perform a command/keystroke in relation to the button.

On a side note: with the popularity of XBMC, I really think LCDStudio could do with an XBMC plugin (like what was done with the Media Portal mini display plugin). It would make more attractive to XBMC HTPC builders.