GTT38A hard reset?

GTT TFT Support

Moderator: Mods

Tassie
LCD?

GTT38A hard reset?

Post by Tassie »

Hello,

I have a GTT38A, which I'm able to use and communicate with fine.

I have an application where the GTT38A is a few feet away from the hardware talking to it, via RS232. In the event of a communication loss, I need to be able to do a hard reset. I'd rather not have to do something to cycle the power to the GTT38A. I can't use gtt25_gttmodule_reset() because ... there's a communication loss.

I was hoping the GTT38A would respond to a BREAK and reset, I tried that (sent it a 2 second BREAK) but there was no effect.

I looked in the hardware manual, but there is no "reset" pin on any of the module interface connectors.

Is there any hard reset solution available, other than cycling the power?

Regards,

Adrian

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: GTT38A hard reset?

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi Adrian,

Welcome to the forums! I'm glad to hear you are working with our GTT.

Unfortunately, there is no way to hardware reset the display other than applying a power cycle.

We have implemented a few measures to reduce the chance of a communication loss, such as hardware flow control, and a secure packet transfer protocol, but hardware wise a power cycle is the only option available.

Cheers,
Daniel
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital

Tassie
LCD?

Re: GTT38A hard reset?

Post by Tassie »

Thanks Daniel,

You might care to consider this for a future firmware release.

A command to enable BREAK recognition (default would be off, so operation as it is today).

If it has been enabled, a BREAK for a certain minimum time would cause a hard reset.

Regards,

Adrian