GTT70A RS232 Driver Problems

GTT TFT Support

Moderator: Mods

ehrnam45
LCD Geek

GTT70A RS232 Driver Problems

Post by ehrnam45 »

I have a GTT70A-TPC-BLM-B0-H1-CS-VPT display that is being uncooperative. After working with support yesterday I was able to get the GTT Bulk Storage device in the device manager. This morning it's not there anymore and instead it shows up in the Disk drives section as "Matrix Orbital GTT Disk USB Device". When it shows up this way, I can access it from File Explorer but it's named "GTT20". GTT Designer is unable to recognize it, probably because it's expecting it to be the Bulk Storage thing instead.
GTT Device manager 1.png
GTT Device manager 1.png (26.24 KiB) Viewed 7577 times

I followed the instructions from a similar thread that suggested installing WinUSB drivers manually. I grabbed the latest copy of Zadig and tried to install them that way. By checking the "show all" option, I was able to find GTT Mass Storage Device in the list of options. It's using USBSTOR driver by default.
GTT Mass Storage Device.PNG
GTT Mass Storage Device.PNG (17.84 KiB) Viewed 7577 times

Changing to WinUSB Removes the entry from the Disk Drives section and adds a USB device that matches the name from Zadig.
GTT Device manager 2.png
GTT Device manager 2.png (26.67 KiB) Viewed 7577 times

GTT Designer is still unable to connect and now the storage is not visible as a drive in File Explorer.

Details:
Windows 10 Enterprise x64 1803
GTT70A R3.0.2 serial 20M01-2188

I'm really frustrated with this. USB drivers shouldn't be this complicated in 2020.

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: GTT70A RS232 Driver Problems

Post by Raquel »

Hello,

Thank you for posting on the forum.
As per your serial number: 20M01-2188 you have a serial (RS232) GTT70A-TPC-BLM-B0-H1-CS-VPT.

What you are seeing in the Device Manager is correct, when you have the mass storage cable plugged in, and a mass storage jumper is installed.
Do you have any jumper plugged in you GTT70A display? Please take it off and cycle the power.
Check Dev Manager that WinUSB enumerates when the jumper is taken off.

The GTT runs in two modes: mass storage mode and application mode.
The mode is defined by the jumper (either J12 placed on 'A' or via keypad header pins 6 and 7)

I hope this helps.
Best Regards,
Raquel
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

ehrnam45
LCD Geek

Post by ehrnam45 »

Hi Raquel,

From our tech support chat yesterday, I was able to see the display listed as the GTT Bulk Storage Device and have GTT Designer detect and connect to it. Today it's not working, so I'm trying to figure out why it's not doing what it did yesterday since I haven't changed anything.

*EDIT*

Looks like I didn't understand the jumper settings. Removing the jumper allows it to show up as the GTT Bulk Storage IO Device.
Last edited by ehrnam45 on Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ehrnam45
LCD Geek

Post by ehrnam45 »

Ok, just to recap: putting on the jumper is so that you can drag&drop whole projects on to the SD card; removing the jumper allows you to connect to it with GTT Designer. Correct?

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hello Sam,

Yes, correct. Sorry this was not so clear.
When you see the GTT screen upon power up, you should be able to connect with GTT Designer Software.
When you see white screen with USB connector image (when jumper is on), the GTT is in mass storage mode.

Thank you,
Raquel
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital