GTT RS232 Communication Problems

GTT TFT Support

Moderator: Mods

ehrnam45
LCD Geek

GTT RS232 Communication Problems

Post by ehrnam45 »

I'm having the same problem that another post from 2018 had with being unable to communicate with my GTT70A over RS232. I've verified all the wiring, set the baud in the Device Manager (115200/8/N/1/N) and still nothing. GTT Support Tool is unable to connect. Do I have to have an active project installed to get a response from the display? Does it have to not be in Mass Storage Mode?

The documentation for setting up RS232 comms is pretty much nonexistent in any of the documentation I've found, unless I've completely overlooked it--which I've been known to do. The Hardware Manual only lists pinouts, not the communication settings. The GTT Developer Guide only talks in vague generalizations about what the protocol is and only lists a few very specific commands. The GTT Designer instructions only show how to use the designer app.

Having the default settings in the manuals would be much easier than finding a brief mention of the default baud rate in a forum post. Being able to see the full API somewhere would also be helpful.

What am I missing here?

ehrnam45
LCD Geek

Re: GTT RS232 Communication Problems

Post by ehrnam45 »

Looks like I didn't understand how the mode jumper works. Removing the jumper and putting it in application mode it is able to respond to the GTT Support Tool's Test Connection command.