Just got my new LCD, Mx212... where is the cd key for lcdc?

Take a load off and chat!

Moderators: Henry, Mods

NewShockerGuy
LCD!

Just got my new LCD, Mx212... where is the cd key for lcdc?

Post by NewShockerGuy »

I am following the online instructions and it's saying that my activation code is with my eCD in the LCDC directoy... I am looking in it and the only things that are there are. FOLDER> img, plugins. EXE> LCDC_INSTALL, LCDC_LOGO.jpg.

*EDIT. I found the cd key right on the cd...lol duh :-( Only problem is when I enter it says it's not a valid cd key.. I put the dashes in and without dashes... I still get the same msg. Do I put my name in it as well, because that's what I was doing?
Another thing is the cd key on the CD is in lower case letters, but when I type it into LCDC it's all in CAPS, and there is no way around it... I'm kinda bummed now, I have a nice lcd and can't use it :-(

I bought this directly from MO if that helps at all?

Any help would be great :-)

Thanks,
-Nigel
~NSG~

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Read the piece of paper you got with the LCD, about half way down under the pictures are some instructions. I sugect you follow them and be rewarded with a LCDC key.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

NewShockerGuy
LCD!

Post by NewShockerGuy »

Thank you Henry :-)

Got that all set. I have actually been playing around with my lcd for about 2 hours trying to get the keypad to turn on a GPO 1. I just want to push the H (Enter) key and see if the LED will light up. I have everything set correctly but it does nothing... I even tried the same thing with the backlight on/off, and that doesn't do anything either... Is there an easy way of doing this.. it's getting very frustrating...arg, I think it's more of the software than anything. But I love how the lcd looks in my tower... soooooo sweeet :-)

Thanks,
-Nigel
~NSG~

Pheonix
LCD Guru

Post by Pheonix »

Hi,

I think you will find that the problem you have been having is due to the ASCII parameter for the enter key being J not H. The manual was written wrongly. So, to see what ASCII characters they really are, go into LCDCs test mode (in the control panel) and press the keys. It should echo back the chars to you.

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

Actually it's not wrong but it does change depending on where the keypad cable is.

Pheonix
LCD Guru

Post by Pheonix »

Well henry said the manual was wrong...

NewShockerGuy
LCD!

Post by NewShockerGuy »

Pheonix,

Coolies, I now have all the letters for each key written down now :-)

Still can't get anything to work though... I changed the parameter to J and it still does nothing. I really don't like LCDC... it's way to complicated for something that should be easy...yuck... Is there any other software that will work with this LCD display, or am I stuck with LCDC....

Thanks again :-)
-Nigel
~NSG~

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

If you have preview on in the screen builder, you can put the cursor in the event parameter (for a sys->on keypad press) and press the key on the keypad...

Pheonix
LCD Guru

Post by Pheonix »

Hi,

You can use pretty much whatever software you want. However LCDC is the best. I agree, its complicated when you first start, but its extremely powerful, and will allow you to do some really quite complicated stuff.

If the keypad still wont work, then maybe its case sensitive? I wasn't sure about this, but it would make sense, as the ASCII chars for J and j are different. So Check that.