HELP Please

Take a load off and chat!

Moderators: Henry, Mods

m3rcil3ss
LCD?

HELP Please

Post by m3rcil3ss »

Can anyone explain the difference between the different series of 2 line lcd panels.

i.e MX2XX series MX3XX and MX6XX as from the main site i'm finding it difficult (read i can't) to work out which one is best for me.

For me as a complete lcd noob the main site discriptions really could be much better as other than the pricing going from $99 to $109 and then to $129 i can't see a difference but assume there must be ?

Please help ........ :o

Bernie
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Bernie »

Hello and thank you for contacting Matrix Orbital.

MX2 series= LCD Technology (Liquid Crystal Display)
MX3 series= VFD Technology (Vacuum Florecent Display)
MX6 series= PLED Technology (Polymeric, Light-emitting Diode)

Our USB (MX series) LCD is a very popular display with Matrix Orbital customers, especially those whom may not be designing in extreme enviroments. It is the least expensive display but is still available with many options (GPO's, colors, fan and temperature control etc).

The VFD display have a wider viewing angle and are used in many outdoor applications. These displays can be used with filter accessories (various colors available) to help filter out direct sunlight and can reach higher temperatures than the LCD technology.

The PLED is the lowest power consumption display we offer (approx. 54mA for the USB display). It is the newest to display technology but has wide viewing angles and very crisp clear characters....as does the VFD's. The PLED is less expensive than the VFD due to operating hours of the display and does not come with the filter (color) options.

All 3 choices are extremely popular and depend on the end application and your personal preference for look, style etc.

I hope this is of some help. Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Regards,
Bernadine

m3rcil3ss
LCD?

Post by m3rcil3ss »

so each panel has the same features but the screens are different.

About the PLED screen you said "The PLED is less expensive than the VFD due to operating hours of the display" does this mean the display has a shorter life span ?? how long should the display last ??

Sorry for the dumb questions and thanks for the very propmt responce :)

Bernie
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Bernie »

Hello, the MX2, 3 and 6 will have the same module functionality and options, it is the display technology that is different.

The VFD's are rated for approx 100,000 hrs (they should not shut off, or just quit, at that time) but you may start to see some dimming etc.
The PLED's are approx 10,000hrs but since this technology is fairly new the MFG's are working to improve on life span and color PLED's for future use.

Matrix Orbital plans to stay on top of display technology and provide you, the customer, with value added improvements, life span, colors and larger displays- possibly even 4 lines PLED's in the future.

No question is a dumb question!

Regards,
Bernadine