N00b question, MX212 w/LCDC & Cold Cathodes

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

arniec
LCD?

N00b question, MX212 w/LCDC & Cold Cathodes

Post by arniec »

I picked up the MX212 and have it running 3 dual cold cathode sets perfectly fine. The LCDC software is installed and displaying what I want when I want.

My problem is I have no clue how to configure the front buttons (F1, F2, Enter, and the four arrow keys) to DO anything. All I really want is a way to turn the cold cathodes on or off (strobing would also be nice if possible through the MX212), but I don't know how to configure those keys. Is LCDC the means through which I set up the controls?

Just FYI, currently when I boot the cathodes are on, and when I start LCDC they turn off.

Please, can someone give me a very simple how-to or point me to a site?

Thanks,

AC
There are 10 types of people in the world: Those that understand binary and those that don't

Johnny
LCD Guru

Post by Johnny »

www.lcdc.cc

you need to have a look at the help sections and GPO sequencing, you need to set some events to trigger the GPOs to which your CCFLs are connected to turn on. I use the hot keys plugin as i have the mx222 and can switch my ccfls on and off via the keyboard.

Your ccfls are turning on at start up because you have the GPOs to be powered on at boot up, this is handy if you have fans connected. When LCDC starts there is an event telling the gpos to turn off
I prefer to have a bottle in front of me than a full frontal Labotomy!

Check ma Bad, Invisible, Bail making Self!