Different temps from different sources

Post by Flybye »

Hi everyone :) My first newbie post.

I'm thinking of getting an MX222. There are only 4 things I want to display:
1) Water Temp
2) CPU Temp
3) NB Temp
4) GPU Temp.

The water temp, I know I can basically just buy a probe, hook it up to the display, and set it up. The CPU and NB, I know there are plugins to pull that information from the MB.

Now the GPU.....
I currently have a 9800XT (which might soon be an X800). Do any plugins exist to be able to pull the temperature straight out of the card or at least off of Rivetuner? I did a search and couldn't find one. I know I can just simply attach another tmep probe to the card, but the less wiring I have the better :)

Oh, and what do you guys believe to be a better source of input? The integrated probes in the chips or an external probe?

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

The software that comes with the display will give you the ability to display the temperatures on your list. The software is called motherboard monitor 5, and there is another software package called LCDC that will display what motherboard monitor is reading. If you look on the following website, you can get a temperature reading for your GFX card using mother board monitor, but you need to modify the source code in C++ to have it work with your GFX card.

http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

The link below will give you more information on LCDC.

http://www.lcdc.cc/about.htm

I believe the integrated probes are better than the external ones, just because the integrated probes are so close to the source. However, our temperature probes are still excellent, for they only have an uncertainty of +-0.5 degrees.

:D

Flybye
LCD?

Post by Flybye »

The only thing I know to program in C++ is how to echo your name and calculate the area of your room!

If motherboard monitor 5 can do them all, then I'll guess I'll still with that.

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Your welcome....You will still need a temperature probe to sense the temperature of the liquid though. :D

Johnny
LCD Guru

Re: Different temps from different sources

Post by Johnny »

Flybye wrote:Now the GPU.....
I currently have a 9800XT (which might soon be an X800). Do any plugins exist to be able to pull the temperature straight out of the card or at least off of Rivetuner? I did a search and couldn't find one. I know I can just simply attach another tmep probe to the card, but the less wiring I have the better :)

Oh, and what do you guys believe to be a better source of input? The integrated probes in the chips or an external probe?
I also have a 9800XT. You can use 'speed fan' to sense the temp of the GPU, MBM cannot detect the temp (as far as i am aware). Personally i have 7 probes set up. You wont get anything more accurate than the external dallas probes. I have CPU temp (under die) TEC cold plate, hot plate, GPU temp , North bridge, Motherboard, and external air. All controlled by my MX222
I prefer to have a bottle in front of me than a full frontal Labotomy!

Check ma Bad, Invisible, Bail making Self!

Flybye
LCD?

Post by Flybye »

I'll also look into the Dallas probes.

If ya have any links, send em :)