MX6 controler and lcd screen

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

G78
LCD!

MX6 controler and lcd screen

Post by G78 »

well i made a boubou, blowed up the controler with the wrong fdd power, should have checked the voltage before actually plugged it in. the FDD wire i used wasnt standard.
(btw, for those using the zephyrus from VL system, their FDD is all in reverse)

Anyway, for my MX6, can i just buy the PK202-24-USB character PLED to replaced the damaged one?
=G78=

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

OUCH, it always hurts me to hear this.. sorry to hear about your loss. Yes, you can get the PK202-24-USB display, e-mail Tom at tlam@matrixorbital.ca he will give you instructions on how to order, we'll assuage your loss and give you a discount for the replacement, Tom will give you all the details.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

G78
LCD!

Post by G78 »

just a follow up on what happenned.

I got the controller plus 2 more lil thing to go with it. its working fine with my new mobo cpu and ram. Wont make that mistake a second time. And thanks for the rebate on it, really appreciate it. Only thing is i got to redow all the programming from scratch.. but hey, am running at least now. :wink:
=G78=

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Excellent :lol:

If you need anything else let us know.

Best Regards,

G78
LCD!

Post by G78 »

Tom wrote:Excellent :lol:

If you need anything else let us know.

Best Regards,
Talked too fast, i tried the GPo today, used the unmodified wire i bought from you, plugged only the thermaltake giant3 blower on it. Plus used a 12V plug alone on it from my antec neopower.I also used the normal external USB wire for the test.It runned fine withought the GPO..

It runned ok for about 10 min, blower was running fine by default..
Then led lighted up all togheter, screen went off and then i started to smell burned silicium. So i turned the psu off and unplug it hoping my mobo wasnt dead again. Good news is pc is ok.
Bad news is the My MX6 is fried. We can actually see the burned chip. Am guessing i got a defected one.
=G78=

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

contacted via email.