Is there a dev kit for I2C in C for glk12232-25-wbl?

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

jackdan
LCD?

Is there a dev kit for I2C in C for glk12232-25-wbl?

Post by jackdan »

Is there a C dev kit where basically the I2c send/recieve is abstracted, but everything else (like writing text, sending images) is written?

Nick
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Nick »

Hi Jackdan,

I regret to inform you that this is not possible, because that is completely platform dependent. If you do it on a Microchip PIC, or an Atmel AVR, or an x86 PC, every implementation will be different. We couldn't possibly provide a library for each platform, as there are thousands of them. Even if we just targeted the "major" platforms, there are still dozens of them.

I apologize for the inconvenience. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Nick Hesson
Sales Rep.
Matrix Orbital

jackdan
LCD?

Post by jackdan »

are there any examples of any i2c functions/setup to display text based off microchip processors in C? the whole thing can be abstracted for all i care, it's very portable. i just haven't found many examples

Nick
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Nick »

Unfortunatley I don't have any examples to give you but if you google it I'm sure you could find "I2C Pic functions".

Actually, here is the first hit off Google:

http://www.microchipc.com/sourcecode/#i2c

If you look at that, there are examples, along with our documentation it shouldn't be that bad to write. Again, as I stated to another user, feel free to continue to post these questions and someone else on the board may be able to help you out.

Regards,
Nick Hesson
Sales Rep.
Matrix Orbital

Nick
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Nick »

Jackdan,

I did a bit of searching around and I have attached an example to this post. Let me know if this helps.
Attachments
I2C sample.zip
(1.09 KiB) Downloaded 500 times
Nick Hesson
Sales Rep.
Matrix Orbital