RX/TX LED HEADERS

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

ghost2501
LCD Guru

RX/TX LED HEADERS

Post by ghost2501 »

I was wondering there is a 8 pin header for the RX and TX led indicators.

how many LED's can these run and how do I wire them? I just need to know + - and voltage I guess. I would assume there would be only 2 pairs of pins for 2 LED's but that is why I am asking.

Thanks guys/gals you are great

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hi ghost2501,

Which module do you have?
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

ghost2501
LCD Guru

Post by ghost2501 »

I have a mx4 and a mx2 unit.

Jon
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Jon »

I belive its an mx412 and mx212.

The MX412 uses a LK204-24-USB, you can find the manual for that display here. The MX212 uses the LK202-24, that manual can be found here.

For your LK204-24-USB you have the choice of using the three low power GPOs (5V 20mA) or the four high power GPO's (12V 1A). The highpower GPO's may be toggled to 5V if you prefer, by using the jumper located directly beneth them. The pinouts can be found on page 10 for the highpower GPOs and page 12 for the regular GPOs. For the LK202-24-USB go to page 9 - 11.

If you need further assistance I'd be happy to help.

--
Jon

ghost2501
LCD Guru

Post by ghost2501 »

This question I was mainly concerned with the RX/TX header itself. There is 3 +5 volt and RxD, TxD, RX led, Tx led, adn ground.

If I was to hook up leds just for the purpose of monitoring traffic in and out where do I connect the = and - for each led? and what are the other connections for ( so many +5)

basically there are 8 connections for 2 leds. so what are the other stuff for are they only used when y9ou hook up serial there?

I am just figuring I can have 2 more leds blinking so I want them and It dos shows those connections at the top in the manual but it dosent go over actually hooking up the leds. I just need to know the connections.

Jon
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Jon »

If you look at the picture in the manual of the Rx / Tx LED headers, you connect one lead of the LED to the pin labeled Tx LED, and the other lead of the LED to the pin below it labled +5V. For the Rx LED, connect one lead of the LED to the pin labeled Rx LED, and the other lead to the pin above it labled +5V.

Let me know how it works out.

ghost2501
LCD Guru

Post by ghost2501 »

ok thanks thats just what I needed. just wondering also what are the other headers on the left for? can I power a +5 volt device with the gnd and +5 on the left?

I was thinking if that is the case I could have a 3rd led that stays lit when all the time when the display is powered up etc.

also what are the RxD and TxD that are on the left side also

thanks

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

The four connections on the left is for 0-5V TTL communications, so you apply power and ground to power up the unit. You cannot power any external devices with that header.

Best Regards,