Wrong chars displayed BLK202

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Femme
LCD!

Wrong chars displayed BLK202

Post by Femme »

I'm trying to display the chars that match the push buttons
hex: C4 entersymbol and C5-C8 up dn rt lt arrows.
The characters that show up look like Chinese to me :o
So are the other chars between hex A0 and EF.
What could be wrong?
Or better how to restore the original font from the manual.
Already tried resetting to factory default

Jon
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Jon »

Hi Femme,

it may be possible that you have a Japanese character set display. If this is the case, then the characters will resemble the attached character set.

If this is the case, please review this character set to see if the characters that you would like to use are on it. If they are not the simplest alternative would be to create custom characters. Our displays can handle up to 8 different custom characters on the screen at one time.

--
Jon
Attachments
CharacterSet.gif
CharacterSet.gif (55.52 KiB) Viewed 7037 times

Femme
LCD!

Post by Femme »

Yes, this is definitely the case. :x
How could this have happened? I'm in the Netherlands here. :evil:

(sigh) :grr:
Is it possible to reprogram it?

Jon
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Jon »

There are 5 banks that can be used to store custom characters, each bank can hold 8 characters, so if you want I walk you through the process of creating a custom character so that you can display what you are trying to display.

--
Jon

Clare
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clare »

HI Femme,

I wanted to address your concern about how you happened to end up with a Japanese character set display.

We have always had a Japanese character set on our displays, unless a customer has specifically ordered a custom display. The custom display for character sets besides Japanes (in the past) have a minimum ordering quantity of around 500-1000 units.

We have just recently switched most of our displays over to a European character set. Since around July/Aug we have switched the LK202-25 to the European character set instead of the Japanese character set.

On our tech support site there is a section called product change notices, which are there for customers to look through for product changes before ordering.

http://www.matrixorbital.ca/PCNs/

When did you purchase your display? If you have purchased it after Aug, and received a Japanese character set, I would be happy to send you a European character set if that is what you need.

Thank you.
Clare

Femme
LCD!

Post by Femme »

You have mail

Jon
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Custom Characters

Post by Jon »

Hi Femme,

You may use this thread as reference for custom characters. Please do no hesitate to post any questions that you have.