1223225SM wiring

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

whookey
LCD!

Post by whookey »

I'm a little bit confused by the
<A HREF="http://www.matrixorbital.com/manuals/gl ... diagram</A>.
It shows, in order from top to bottom with the connectors on the right:
<P>
GND

TX

RX

+5V

</P><P>

+5

GND

GND

+12V

</P>

For the power connector I've modified my floppy power cable as indicated in the release notes such that GND goes where 12V is indicated. Do I need to apply 5V to the pin in the RS-232 header labeled +5V as well as the one on the power cable header? The manual indicates only to wire up RX,TX, and GND. As it stands, I can send data to the device, but not receive any, and want to check before sticking 5V on that pin. Thanks!

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

If you are using the white header for power, you have to use a UN moddified power cable, if you use the red then you have to modify it and slap in there Rx and Tx lines as well.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

whookey
LCD!

Post by whookey »

woot; It's much happier, (254 55) returns the correct module type now! The trick was to put the serial port in raw mode with "stty raw < /dev/lcd". Actually, it's been a variegated route to get to this point, I've got power going into the red header now. I scared myself though: I was working late and tired the other night, and accidently flipped the connector on the white header, and <pop>, nothing. I was sure I toasted the poor thing, but it still works great with power on the red header. Don't go telling your customers that they have a get out of jail free card in case they royally screw up like I did, though, Henry :smile: