LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

AndyMichel
LCD?

Microcontrollers Driver board/module configuration issues - help needed

Post by AndyMichel »

Hello Everyone,

In my first post- need advice for driver module configuration -

To configure the driver module, each controller output you use needs a setup command. The setup command allows you to set what power level should be used for each phase, how many phases are used and how long each phase goes for.

When a start command is received, the module will run through the phases as configured, and if there are no endless phases specified, will finish at 0% power level. The output will always idle at 0%. When a stop command is received, the driver will return to an idle state and set the output to 0% power.

The I2C address of the board is 0x10 + the value of the configuration wheel. So the addresses can be set to 0x10 up 0x1F. In the seven bit world of I2C addresses, some microcontrollers specify it as 0x10 (Arduino) and some specify it as if the R/W bit were attached as bit 0 – meaning they specify the address as 0x20. (here is an example for motor, solenoid, driver board/module https://www.icrfq.com/part/2757905-80049602.html )

The setup command works as follows:

Byte Example value Meaning
0 0x01 Setup command
1 0x03 Controller (0x01 – 0x04)
2 0x02 Number of phases (0x01 – 0x03)
3 0x03 Phase 1 level (MSB)
4 0xFF Phase 1 level (LSB)
5 0x00 Phase 2 level (MSB)
6 0x66 Phase 2 level (LSB)
7 0x00 Phase 3 level (MSB)
8 0x00 Phase 3 level (LSB)
9 0x00 Phase 1 length in ms (MSB)
10 0x32 Phase 1 length in ms (LSB)
11 0xFF Phase 2 length in ms (MSB)
12 0xFF Phase 2 length in ms (LSB)
13 0x00 Phase 3 length in ms (MSB)
14 0x00 Phase 3 length in ms (LSB)

Phase levels are specified 0x0000 (0% power) to 0x03FF (100% power).
Phase lengths are specified in milliseconds (1s = 1000ms). 0xFFFF has a special meaning in that the phase will run forever. Each controller output must be configured before use. Once configured, the start can be issued to fire the output.

Would anyone be able to help me for configuring the driver board/module? I am extremely puzzled about this inquiry.

Any better idea would be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks.

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: Microcontrollers Driver board/module configuration issues - help needed

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forums!

I see that you are having issues configuring your motor/solenoid driver board. Are you looking to control the Driver Board using one of our Displays?

Cheers,
Daniel
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital

AndyMichel
LCD?

Post by AndyMichel »

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Need to advise/help or suggestion for Driver board configuration. This is my first project and I'm freshly new.

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi Andy,

This forum is generally used to discuss Matrix Orbital Products, as well as provide support to those who are having troubles interfacing with their displays. That said, perhaps another member of the forum can point you in the right direction regarding your driver board configuration.

It may be beneficial to provide a data sheet for the Driver Board you are currently trying to configure, as it appears that the link you have provided doesn't offer one.

Cheers,
Dan
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital