GTT50A not display image

GTT TFT Support

Moderator: Mods

manux
LCD?

GTT50A not display image

Post by manux »

Hello to all the team MO, my name is Manuel I have created a simple program (using GTT Support Tool) where the GTT50A have to display 6 images: B1/B1x.bmp, B2/B2x.bmp and B5/B5x.bmp actually the GTT50A just display B1/B1x.bmp and B2/B2x.bmp but not B5/B5x.bmp.
In my script I Load the bitmaps first and after execute the command to display.

RawDecimalData DecimalData: 254 132 1 0 0 0 15 0 220 0 130 1 2
RawDecimalData DecimalData: 254 132 2 0 0 0 175 0 220 0 130 3 4
CreateScriptedRegion RegionID:5 X:285 Y:185 W:210 H:110 UpBitmap:7 DownBitmap:8 UpScript:gainscriptup Down:gainscriptdn

B1.bmp [BitmapID: 1]
B1x.bmp [BitmapID: 2]
B2.bmp [BitmapID: 3]
B2x.bmp [BitmapID: 4]
B5.bmp [BitmapID: 7]
B5x.bmp [BitmapID: 8]
Info:
1. B1.bmp / B1x.bmp
Dimensions: 220x130
Size: 28.9 KB
2. B2.bmp / B2x.bmp
Dimensions: 220x130
Size: 28.9 KB
3. B5.bmp / B5x.bmp
Dimensions: 231x111
Size: 100 KB

Note1: I have reset to factory the GTT50A and I get the same result, the B5.bmp not show.
Note2: I have tried change B5.bmp to BT5.bmp and the same result.
Note3: The B1x.bmp B2x.bmp and B5x.bmp is one image than appear when push in the region of image.

I hope can to help me, I have more 1 week with this problem.

Regards
Manuel

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: GTT50A not display image

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi Manual,

Welcome to the forums!

If possible, could you zip up your scripts and your images, and send them over for testing? You can either send them by replying to this post, or by sending me a private message.

Cheers,
Daniel
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital

manux
LCD?

Post by manux »

Hi Daniel thanks you for answer my post and sorry for the delay! I attached the file .zip with all the scripts (and .gsf too) and images. I have noted than the T2.bmp with size 1.09MB the LCD not load it maybe the LCD support an maximum of size (in kb) to the images .bmp related with the dimension?

Regards
Manuel C.
Attachments
uSD_v100.zip
(165.3 KiB) Downloaded 1233 times

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi Manux,

I appreciate you sending over your files. I'm currently taking a look at each of them. It appears that some of the images you use are quite large (1MB<). Although the GTT's image buffer is ~30MB, it may have difficulties loading such a large image file. I'll see what modifications I can make to reduce the size. Converting these large images to .png format considerably reduces their size but I haven't tried loading these modified .png files on the GTT just yet.

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Cheers,
Daniel
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi Manux,

I was able to take a look at your files and I found out why certain images are larger (in kb) than others.

It looks like most of your images use a bit depth of 8, but a few of you bitmaps have a bit depth of 24 or 32, which is not compatible with the GTT. There are two ways around this:
- You can either convert the images to .png files which are compatible with the display.
- You can convert the images to 256 color bitmaps (as opposed to the 24 & 32 bit bitmaps) which are compatible with the display.

Converting the images to .png will retain the image quality and color accuracy, but the GTT will take a little bit longer to render these images on screen.

Converting the images to 256 color bitmaps may diminish the image's color accuracy, but they will be rendered much faster than their .png counterparts.

I have converted a few of your images, and created a modified version of your autoexec_source.gsf file (renamed autoexec_modified_by_MO.gsf). When the modified autoexec is executed, no error codes are returned, so I assume that the project is running how you intended. The files are attached below.

Cheers,
Daniel
Attachments
uSD_v100.zip
(193.42 KiB) Downloaded 1240 times
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital

manux
LCD?

Post by manux »

Hello Daniel, excuse me! I have been working with the LCD GTT50A, you are right I followed your indications. I have changed the images to .png and this has less weight, the images load good but I have one problem... I have one screen where change the value to displayed when the button on screen is pushed, the mcu process the command received and send the value (image. 220x220 .png) to display, it is like 1, 2, 3...10. the problem is when I started to push the button and see like increment the value on screen then crashed... the screen not change the value... maybe the mcu crashed? maybe I am reading very very faster the LCD to check if there are new command received? I'm using I2C to communicate with the LCD.

Regards
Manuel

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi Manux,

Do you mind sending the value images and your code?

Cheers,
Daniel
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital