Cannot change screen with LK204-25

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

esem8
LCD?

Cannot change screen with LK204-25

Post by esem8 »

Hi everyone,

I'm programming a splash screen for a LK204-25 display, but ran into some trouble when using the command to change the start up screen. I'm not sure why because the clear screen command and back light commands work fine. I can send a string through serial port, but when restarting the display the string I sent is not displayed. Should I be using a different command?

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: Cannot change screen with LK204-25

Post by Raquel »

Hi esem8,

Thank you for contacting Matrix Orbital technical support.

Can you please tell me the firmware version of your LK204-25? Send the command 254 54 and the display should reply 1 byte data, which should be 0x73 if you have the latest version. As per the Change Start up Screen Command: 254 64 <80 bytes>, make sure you give it all 80 bytes.
After sending the start up screen command, try asking for version number again, just to make sure that the display took the previous command successfully. Also, are you able to save other settings on the LK204-25, like backlight brightness and contrast?

Hope this helps, let me know how it turns out.

Thank you,
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

esem8
LCD?

Post by esem8 »

Hi,
The firmware version is 2.12.28.1. I'm sending all 80 bytes, which is why I'm confused as to why its not working. I have not tried saving contrast or brightness settings, just turning the backlight on/off. I will try doing that next to see if it works properly. Thank-you.

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hi esem8,
Read Version Number command 254 54 should only reply with 1 byte. I am not sure how you got 2.12.28.1.
By any chance you have tried saving backlight, contrast settings?
Thanks,
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

esem8
LCD?

Post by esem8 »

Hi,

I finally got it working, I can save the screen, brightness, and contrast. Nothing wrong with the display, it's a great product. I just had to make a couple changes to my code. Thanks for your help.

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Good to hear things are working now :)
If you have more questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you,
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital