Upgrading ELK204-7T firmware

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

foobar
LCD?

Upgrading ELK204-7T firmware

Post by foobar »

Hello everyone

We recently got ELK204-7T unit and it works great both under Windows 10 and Linux. For Windows extra drivers were needed, for Linux out-of-the-box kernel support is available (as pretty much with any FTDI-based virtual USB-to-serial).

Unfortunately, the device was shipped with firmware revision 6.3 where some features are not available (e.g. piezo buzzer control), so we would like to upgrade it. The problem is that standard firmware upgrade tool errors with "Unit supports firmware upgrade: No" and I suspect it is because the device reports module type 44 (Unknown module: 44). I poked around matrixorbital.ca and found that type 44 is indeed correct for ELK204-7T, which has LCD, USB PCB, and enclosure. The underlying LCD is most likely GLK19264-7T-1U, but I am not 100% sure since I could not find it anywhere whether on the device itself or from firmware responses.

Could you please help me figuring out the way to upgrade the firmware in this case?

foobar
LCD?

Re: Upgrading ELK204-7T firmware

Post by foobar »

Hmmmm, on the second look it seems that underlying LCD is actually LK204-7T which kind of makes sense from the model name, but it has no buzzer. Apparently product description does not match detailed specifications here: https://www.matrixorbital.com/elk204-7t ... =ELK204-7T

Daniel Divino
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: Upgrading ELK204-7T firmware

Post by Daniel Divino »

Hi Foobar,

Welcome to the Forums!

Yes, you are correct. The ELK204-7T-1U is based on our LK204-7T-1U display. As you have mentioned, there seem to be a few errors in the display's description. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you. We are working to correct these errors on our website to ensure that we do not mislead our customers.

The specifications listed on our site are accurate to the display, so I suggest that you refer to those specifications for now.

Also, please note that the ELK204-7T-1U is a character display and is not field upgradable. Rest assured that you are running the most recent firmware release.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about any of our products.

Cheers,
Daniel
Daniel Divino
Technical Support
Matrix Orbital