LK204-25 Startup Screen

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

cdeveau
LCD?

LK204-25 Startup Screen

Post by cdeveau »

Hello all,

I am trying to create my company logo to use as a startup screen for the Matrix Orbital displays that we use with our PLCs. I was able to create the desired logo in bootloader, but I can't get it to send to the display. We used the DB9 (with R17 jumpered) to power the units. I'm guessing my serial connector on my computer isn't capable of supplying power. If there is a work around for this, that would be great!

However, I have since moved on to try and code the new symbols into the device. I think I understand what is going on with the examples in the manual. What I cant figure out is what exactly I need to code to create the new characters. Any assistance, or example code would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Cecil Deveau
Control Design, Inc.

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: LK204-25 Startup Screen

Post by Raquel »

Hello Cecil,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

You should be able to power the display via the Communication/Power header (header 1 on Table 1 of the manual); and communicate via the DB9. As per custom characters, there is a good example on section 3.1 in the manual.

Hope this helps.
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

cdeveau
LCD?

Post by cdeveau »

Thank you for the reply Raquel!

I will look into powering the display as you mentioned.

As for the example, that is what I was trying to emulate. I know how to use the 254 and 78 commands in my programming language, but I can't make any sense of how to use the ID and data portions.

I was hoping to get a sample line of code to use as an example from someone who has done this before.

cdeveau
LCD?

Post by cdeveau »

Success! I was able to supply power as recommended, and use the boot loader program to transfer over my logo. Thank you for the help. I would still be interested in figuring out how to code the logo in using my devices, as it would remove one step in setup.

LCD Display CDI Logo.jpg
LCD Display CDI Logo.jpg (2.78 MiB) Viewed 6717 times