OK204-25 USB Display, VCP not loading, help please

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

mascenzi
LCD?

OK204-25 USB Display, VCP not loading, help please

Post by mascenzi »

Hello,

So I'm working with the OK204-25 USB display, https://www.matrixorbital.com/ok204-25. I've successfully installed the drivers on a different computer around a year ago, but now I'm attempting to install the drivers on a second PC and its not setting up the VCP (virtual com port) portion of the installation.

The two pc's were installed and configured at the exact same time a year ago. There is no difference between the two computers, same builds, same software installation, etc.

The current drivers that are available are the same drivers from a year ago, so there has been no changes there.

What I'm doing is plugging the display in to the usb of the computer. Next I go to the device manager and find the display under other devices. I right click, update drivers, and then point it to the drivers. It installs just fine at this point, or at least there are no errors.

According to the manual, and customer support, there should be a 2nd installation that occurs automatically after the driver installation. This 2nd installation is for the virtual Com Port configuration, which would then show the device under Com Ports in addition to the USB Controllers.

Has anyone come across this issue? I really need to get this resolved and I do not understand why its not working. I've also attempted to get it working on my work laptop, and again the installation of the drivers only installed the first part and did not configure for the VCP.

I Don't believe it to be an issue with the display, but rather an issue with the driver installation.

Any insight???????

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: OK204-25 USB Display, VCP not loading, help please

Post by Raquel »

Hello Michael,

Thank you for posting on the forums.
We are still looking at ideas what could be causing the issue.
Will continue to work with you via email and will post here the solution when we get there.

Thank you,
Raquel
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital