No Response

GTT Designer Software Support

Moderator: Mods

Tim K
LCD?

No Response

Post by Tim K »

I have a GTT35A and get no response from the device. I made a very simple screen and deployed it with GTT Designer. GTT Support Tool Test Connection detects the GTT35A, however I get no reply from a simple “Get Module Type” command. Tried the same command from 2 different terminal programs (115200/8/1) and get no reply. When using the terminal programs, I do see the commands printed on the screen. Looks like an echo, it prints exactly what I send, hex or decimal. Also on the board there is 3 pin jumper header marked A & B. I see no mention of this in the hardware manual. With the jumper in “B” position, it appears to be in ‘Mass Storage Mode”. With jumper in “A” position or no jumper, still no response. What am I doing wrong? Any help appreciated.
Tim K

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Re: No Response

Post by Raquel »

Hello Tim,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

By any chance you opened the Debug View (to the right of the 'X') in the Support Tool?
You will only see the replies using the Debug View window.

As for 'A' and 'B', there was a mention regarding this on the older manual, but since we have added alternative connection on the keypad header (pins 6 and 7), this is what is described in 'Mass Storage Mode' section of the current manual. Here is what is on the older manual:

"Placing a jumper on the USB mass storage header labelled ”A”, the unit will appear to any PC as a mass
storage device when powered, giving you access to the contents of the SD memory card directly"

Please let me know how it turns out with the Debug View response from the GTT35A.

Thank you,
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

Tim K
LCD?

Post by Tim K »

Thank you for your reply.
There was no response in the debug view.
Also, after double clicking the command I want to send, the drop down window appears but the whole window is not visible. I can only see the tops of two buttons to click but can’t read their headings. One seems to be ‘send’, the other ‘cancel’. If there are other choices in the window, they are not visible. I have re-installed it several times. (ver 2.2.0.0)
Tim K

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hi,

I do not see a drop down menu when I double click on Get Module Type in the GTT Support Tool.
I do see a small window that opens to confirm the command number, and I click OK.
At this point, the command has not sent out. You will need to press the green play button.

Yes, v2.2.0.0 is the latest version.
One thing I forgot to mention, is flow control. GTT Support Tool defaults to have flow control on.
Default for GTT modules is flow control on, unless this has been changed (via a different autoexec).

Thank you,
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital