LK204-25PC

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

mookie85
LCD!

Post by mookie85 »

it came today! so i take it out of the box plug it into power the screen comes on and it has the splash screen like it's supposed to. so i hook up my homemade cable and try to run lcdc it says it can't open com1 so i try com2, nothing. i think, well i'll try MO's software still nothing... so i go to radioshack and pick up a DB9 extention cable and plug it in. still nothing!!! is there something i'm doing wrong? thanks
- Ben

C:dos
C:dosrun
rundosrun

mookie85
LCD!

Post by mookie85 »

ok i figured out my com1 isn't working at all!!! is it possible to fry a serial port? and if so what should i do?

rundosrun

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mookie85 on 2002-06-12 23:50 ]</font>

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

try the Alpha Demo with the display.... make sure all other programs that may use the serial port are off... then do a manual override on the display (see manual) and try again.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Cheese
Bit-Tech.net
Bit-Tech.net

Post by Cheese »

How did you wire your homemade cable?

r.

mookie85
LCD!

Post by mookie85 »

on my homemade cable i just put a wire from pin 1 to pin 1, pin 2 to pin 2, and so on. i'll try the alpha demo. thanks
- Ben

rundosrun

mookie85
LCD!

Post by mookie85 »

the alph demo won't let me choose a port, it tries to open port 5 on startup. is there a file that i can delete that will remove port 5 as the prefrance. i tried uninstalling and re-instlling but that didn't work.
- Ben

rundosrun

mookie85
LCD!

Post by mookie85 »

well i went the easy rout and got another serial port. should be here monday. hopefully it works.
- Ben

rundosrun