Information for UK'ers Import duties

Take a load off and chat!

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Adam
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Adam »

We have tried to send units as samples before and have run into trouble with customs. I know with American customs every invoice needs a dollar value, even if it is a RMA. Due to our company generating more business every year ( Thanks to many of you) we are being looked at by customs even more. It seems the bigger your business gets the more trouble you must be in their eyes. UK customs is no different. Any missed step or discrepencies causes the product to be set aside and we are contacted. The best solution would be for us to get a UK distributor, but that is easier said then done. Henry is trying very hard though so hopefully soon this will be realized.
Adam L.
Sales Manager
Matrix Orbital

A nod is as good as a wink to a blind bat.

nutcase_1uk
LCD?

Post by nutcase_1uk »

A UK supplier would be excellent :grin: It's been quite good fun (ask Henry...) getting my VFD from you guys. I'm getting dangerously close now to the big switch on.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

On 2002-03-08 15:58, nutcase_1uk wrote:
A UK supplier would be excellent :grin: It's been quite good fun (ask Henry...) getting my VFD from you guys. I'm getting dangerously close now to the big switch on.

Drum role please.... :grin:
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

nutcase_1uk
LCD?

Post by nutcase_1uk »

On 2002-03-08 17:23, Henry wrote:
On 2002-03-08 15:58, nutcase_1uk wrote:

Drum role please.... :grin:
I'd rather have a Bacon roll, but whatever :razz:

oclocker
LCD?

Post by oclocker »

On 2001-12-05 09:27, Henry wrote:
We have been looking into this and there is nothing we can do. The tax you get hit with is VAT and a import tax I belive, which is around 17%. We are going to see if we can lower shipping costs even more to make it more cost effective.

vat IS 17.5% but as its a computer related product it could/should be zero import duty - if duty was charged it may help if the product is shipped with the words LCD computer display on it somewhere prominent??

k-mystik
LCD?

Post by k-mystik »

Just FYI:

i'm from belgium and i ordered a LK204-25PC on 2002-04-24... received it 3 days later :grin:

but i received a bill from the belgian customs a few days ago...
i have to pay the local 21% belgian tax on the LCD + some other charges from UPS ('cause they paid the taxes in advance for me, which i didn't ask... whatever!)

so, a UK supplier would be terrrific :grin:

Cheese
Bit-Tech.net
Bit-Tech.net

Post by Cheese »

On this topic I've not heard of anyone who's selected the DHL shipping option and been charged customs/handling charges... :grin:

r.

AW3K
LCD!

Post by AW3K »

oh i have and it was me who was charged

gordy_hand
LCD Guru

Post by gordy_hand »

[quote]
On 2002-06-16 09:56, AW3K wrote:
oh i have and it was me who was charged
Gordy_Hand

shaine
LCD?

Post by shaine »

sbould i be lucky im in the us? haha

steve
LCD?

Post by steve »

Just had a 204-25-WB-V payed $95.34 it arrived at my door in Shropshire 44 hours after order placed NO DUTY not even a signature required perhaps im lucky Steve

gordy_hand
LCD Guru

Post by gordy_hand »

On 2002-06-24 11:56, shaine wrote:
sbould i be lucky im in the us? haha
Nor did I until a month down the line I got a letter with a bill :sad:
Gordy_Hand

steve
LCD?

Post by steve »

They tax you to live they tax you to die but there again someones got to pay for Tony jettin all over the world just think we could ask him to bring some back with him next week