MX2 Advance Gpo Fan Startup

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Cliff Watson
LCD?

Post by Cliff Watson »

Miles wrote:Assuming you have made the correct solder jump and the fan you want powered up is fan #1, you must load the following string in LCDC: [##254][##195][##1][##255]. You must enter the configure /test section and complete the appropriate infromation. Once that is completed, go to "test display" and in the text column enter the string and send. Let me know how you make out...I tried it at the office once again and it works as expected... :D
Miles,

The key action was to enter and send the text string from "test display". The fan was already setup to be controlled based on the CPU temp.

I sent the text string for 50% [##128] fan speed on startup and the fan now turns on when power is applied to the PC.
Best Regards, Cliff

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Sorry, I should have more specific in my instructions...I'm glad you got everything working and if you need anything else, let us know. :wink:
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

nickp
LCD?

Post by nickp »

Hi,
Just got around to trying again and I also have the fan starting at power up. I am using AGPO1 on my CPU fan and it works great! To my ears the case fans made too much buzz from the PWM. The CPU fan is inside the computer so I cannot hear any buzzing. With the display and fan control the MX2 is a great addition to my computer. Thanks to M.O. and all for helping resolve this issue.
Nick

gordy_hand
LCD Guru

Post by gordy_hand »

Miles any chance of a picture of the solder jump you are talking about as I am about to do this mod in the next few days and want to make sure I know what you are meaning :)

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

I'll see what I can do...!!! :D
Miles Y.
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

gordy_hand
LCD Guru

Post by gordy_hand »

Miles wrote:I'll see what I can do...!!! :D
Thank you kindly :)

gordy_hand
LCD Guru

Post by gordy_hand »

Miles am I right in thinking its the jumper above the 4pin floppy power connector and below the bottom 3 pin fan connector?

And I have to connect the third pin to the jumper that is already there with a new wire?

Cheers

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

No...Actually just above the white connector and to the right of the three pin header you are talking about, you will notice a solder pad that nas not been jumped...you must solder this point...! :D

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner...
Miles Y.
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

gordy_hand
LCD Guru

Post by gordy_hand »

Miles wrote:No...Actually just above the white connector and to the right of the three pin header you are talking about, you will notice a solder pad that nas not been jumped...you must solder this point...! :D

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner...
Ah bingo I get it :)

Thats makes much more sense :D

No worrys on getting back to me sooner I've not had any time to do it today anyway :)

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Let me know how you make out... 8)
Miles Y.
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

gordy_hand
LCD Guru

Post by gordy_hand »

Will do I'm nearing the end of the project I have to get it finished asap for a magazine article :)

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

gordy_hand wrote:Will do I'm nearing the end of the project I have to get it finished asap for a magazine article :)
Which magazine? and when should I be expecting my copy!? :eyebrow:
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

gordy_hand
LCD Guru

Post by gordy_hand »

Henry wrote:
gordy_hand wrote:Will do I'm nearing the end of the project I have to get it finished asap for a magazine article :)
Which magazine? and when should I be expecting my copy!? :eyebrow:
www.custompc.co.uk :) They are uk based only but I'm sure I can get you a scan :p

Its not gonna be in this months but the one after :)

dipan
LCD!

Post by dipan »

Thanks guys. I was having the same problem with my brand new display. I hate to call it a display because it does so much more! Anyways, maybe consider a real jumper (without solder) in the next revision? That way the process would be more idiot-proof (don't I have a lot of faith in my soldering skill ... :) ) as well as being more easily reversed. This thing is awesome and I look forward to connecting a temp probe to the water circuit so I can have continuous accurate water temps as well as some idea of what target water temp I can achieve. Nicely done.

PS ... You guys do need to try with some more effort to keep the manual up to date.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

dipan wrote:I hate to call it a display because it does so much more!
Heh, so true...
Anyways, maybe consider a real jumper (without solder) in the next revision? That way the process would be more idiot-proof (don't I have a lot of faith in my soldering skill ... :) ) as well as being more easily reversed.
Yes, it's in the list of things to do..
This thing is awesome and I look forward to connecting a temp probe to the water circuit so I can have continuous accurate water temps as well as some idea of what target water temp I can achieve. Nicely done.
nice.. don't forget to post pics...
PS ... You guys do need to try with some more effort to keep the manual up to date.
They are, check the manual section on the website.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital