LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Robmiester
LCD?

GOP Pin Connectors, what do you use???

Post by Robmiester »

*** newbie alert ***

Hello, I have a MX212.

I would like to start using the GPO's. Is there a premade connector that will fit on the GPO pins? I think I read somewhere about using a CDrom audio connector for this?

What does the group use? Can I get it at RadioShack :P :P :P ????

Cheese
Bit-Tech.net
Bit-Tech.net

Post by Cheese »

Yeah CD audio cables work but ideally you want two pin 0.1" pitch pin sockets... radio shack should stock them.

Rob.

linear
evil Dr. linear
evil Dr. linear

Post by linear »

Alas, nothing of any value is stocked at radio s*ack, except for a few things at absurdly inflated prices, which does not include the connectors we're after. I'd suggest making friends with someone that services PCs and has access to large volumes of discarded cases. Even AT cases will have a handful of the very item you seek.
BLK202A-4BR-BK + LK202-25-WB-V + LK204-25-V + VK204-25-V + LK-202-24-USB + MX212

bluetooth
LCD?

Post by bluetooth »

If I knew what those things are called, I could find a DigiKey part # for you....but I looked through their catalog last night and it seemed that all the connectors were fancier than what you need.

~Adam

linear
evil Dr. linear
evil Dr. linear

Post by linear »

The problem with catalog ordering or getting them from anywhere, is you have to cripm them to the wire yourself, that's a big drag.

http://www.futurlec.com/ConnHead.shtml
There's connectors for headers, pins sold separately, so watch out.
BLK202A-4BR-BK + LK202-25-WB-V + LK204-25-V + VK204-25-V + LK-202-24-USB + MX212

bluetooth
LCD?

Post by bluetooth »

That is true, although it is not so bad if you have a propper crimping tool.

I imagine any of those instances where institutions give / throw away tons of old PCs would be an excelent opertunity to snag some connectors. They've been using those things at least since I got my first compy in 1992! Probably longer than that.

~Adam