My recent purchase (MX-212)

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

gabriel
LCD?

My recent purchase (MX-212)

Post by gabriel »

I recently bought the MX-212 from FrozenCPU, just last week. I saw a review of this particular model, and wanted it immediately. Sorry, I don't remember where I seen this review.

However, I received a different version then what was reviewed in the article. The unit I received, does not have the advanced GPO

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

If i remember correctly anybody who orderd directly from Matrix Orbital starting Juli 1st should have gotten a new unit. I don't know what kind of agreement they made with their distributers in other countries.

About the 8 char limit. It's a limitation of the controller used to drive the lcd, it is possible to get full custom fonts but then you'll have to buy one of the graphical units.

shroom
LCD?

Post by shroom »

I ordered the same display from frozencpu due to their clearance sale they are having to make way for the new mx-2 model. (its posted on the front page under the news section)

That sentence right there should help you figure things out, lol.

Oddly enough, the MX-2 model numbers arent that easily distinguishable from the older model.

Adam
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Adam »

Hi Gabe,

As Shroom has posted Frozen CPU is having a sale of the old units to make way for the new ones. As they like to keep a large stock in order to keep their customers happy and with out long waits they had a few units to sell. The new unit is now available and Frozen CPU will have the new ones in stock in the begining of September. They will of course not be at the same price they are know. :D With the older version you can still attach fans and the like. It's just takes a little more time to set it up. Have a look trough the CD anfd on our forum. There is plenty of information. Have a good weekend everyone.
Adam L.
Sales Manager
Matrix Orbital

A nod is as good as a wink to a blind bat.