OMG Help...

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Jay
LCD Guru

Post by Jay »

I'm totally confused. I have now programming knowledge whatsoever and technical things intimidate me. I'm totally lost with this LCD screen. I bought the LK204-25PC.

LCDstats won't install saying that windows is using iphlpapi.dll (tried in XP and ME)

LCDriver does the test via control panel but then shuts the display off and it won't do anything else. Do I need VB or C+ knowledge to use this app.

LCDcenter works but is like stereo instructions what does all that stuff do on the left, when I go to insert it doesn't insert anything. Is there a tutorial on how to use this program?

To Matrix, why is it that you little demo program is not useable? It's the easiest by far but as soon as I close it the demo ends.

Finally is there an order to the mayham? Is there one program that I need and the rest of these apps are plugin's? Which programs essentially do the same thing and which one's are plugin's for others?

Sorry to be so vague but I'm extremely confused.

-Jay

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Hello...

hmmmm, not sure about your LCDstats problem, a new version just got put up so give it a shot. LCDriver needs software to run with it. It can all be looked at here...

http://lcdriver.pointofnoreturn.org/apps-freeware.html

For LCDcenter you display the text and then the variables... pretty simple.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Jay
LCD Guru

Post by Jay »

Thanks Henry.

I guess I should just calm down. I can't learn it all in a few hours :smile:

Thanks for the link though.

-Jay

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Jay
LCD Guru

Post by Jay »

My real problem with LCdriver is that everytime I start an app it shuts off the backlit. The app actually works but I can't see it. Grrrrr. Any ideas?

-Jay

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

hmmm... I know when you close LCDriver it always turn off the backlight, but you shouldn't have to go into it that often... and the actual apps should turn it on... (or you can do it manualy with Alpha Demo)
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Jay
LCD Guru

Post by Jay »

I have one of the apps in the startup folder (SpecialK's LCDtime) and everytime I start the computer the splash screen is on and backlit but when it starts the app the backlight shuts off and the only way I can get the backlight back on is to power off, then power on again.

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

in LCDriver make sure you have the backlight intensity set to 100%
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Jay
LCD Guru

Post by Jay »

I'm afraid to admit that it is set to 100% :sad:

-Jay

P.S. Here's a question is LCDcenter a competing application or does LCD center need LCdriver to work? If they are totally different programs then I'll just remove LCdriver altogether and figure out how to use LCD center. OR am I limiting myself. Which is better?

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

LCDCenter 2.0 was originaly written for Matrix Orbital LCD. The reason why it works with LCDriver was to add support to the other serial LCDs. So you do not need LCDriver for LCDCenter to work with Matrix Orbital LCDs...
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

linear
evil Dr. linear
evil Dr. linear

Post by linear »

Cool, that clears up something I had been puzzlued about.

I got that error installing LCDstats also (on Win98) and ignored it, and all was well.

Jay
LCD Guru

Post by Jay »

Linear. I tried ignoring it too but the program won't start. I'm going to try dumping LCdriver and see if that works :smile:

-Jay

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

having LCDstats and LCDriver on at the same time is bad news... LCDriver will have control over the serial port when LCDstats is trying to use it... you can only have ONE program accessing the serial port at any time.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Jay
LCD Guru

Post by Jay »

Anyone wanna buy a cheap LCD screen :sad:

LCD Stats. This is what I get on install

<a href="http://www.wcmark.com/files/installerror.jpg">First</a>
<a href="http://www.wcmark.com/files/installerror2.jpg">Second after hitting ignore.</a>

Then when I try to run the program.

<a href="http://www.wcmark.com/files/lcdstatsrun.jpg">I get this message.</a>

Then the backlight shuts off and won't come on unless I power down.

Information:
WinME OS
LCD Stats is the ONLY program installed that pertains to ANYTHING to do with the LCD screen(This means, no LCD center no LCdriver, nothing. Quite frankly I don't exactly no what I need on my computer to get anything to work. Any tutorial I've found assumes that I already know about LCD screens and already know which programs I need on my system, therefore it's far to vague for me to even comprehend WHAT I need and WHERE I need to have it installed and WHEN I need to use it.)

-Jay

P.S. I'm going to play RA3, I need to vent :smile:

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Make sure you install MBM5!!!!
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital