where to put the display

Take a load off and chat!

Moderators: Henry, Mods

grep
LCD?

Post by grep »

While there are many good reasons to put the LCD display on the computer case, it has some drawbacks. The computer case is seldom in a direct line of sight and the computer monitor is in a direct like of sight, so I think it may be better to mount the auxilary LCD display on the computer monitor. The computer case doesn't have a lot of useable space to mount the LCD, the Computer Monitor has a lot of space, below and above the Monitor or even along side either edge of the Monitor. If you can convert the input from serial or parallel to USB, then you can easily drive up to 127 remote LCD's

Comments?

Gre[

Julian
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Julian »

I am probably going to mount my LCD outside my computer and into my desk as to give it a better line of site, as for USB there is probably some technical reasons for not doing that. and 127 is a pipe dream.
But with MO displays they have the ability to be powerd through the serial cable so to mount it far away all you have to do is mod it for that and get a long serial cable whcih incedently is cheaper then a long USB cable...

mserrino
LCD Geek

Post by mserrino »

than do it and post pics!

:smile:

grep
LCD?

Post by grep »

Another thought, was to mount the display into a drive bay, yes I know this has been done already. This is the twist! mount it in such a way that it actually conceals a drive such as a cd. when you push a button the drive drawer slides out with the lcd attached to the front of the drawer and when it closes it fully conceals the drive behind the lcd.

Grep