Few Quick questions here

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Savi
LCD?

Few Quick questions here

Post by Savi »

ive searched the web but didnt find anything frist , is is posible to have my fans pluged into a fan controler then into a Matrix Orbital? a fan controler like this one http://www.coolerguys.com/840556041771.html

the reason id like to do this is because i like the way the fancontroler lets me control the fans then id like to see the rpm/s etc, and is it posible to extend the temp probs wire to say about 10 feet. can i use regular wire to extend it or do temp probs use special wire?. id like to have a external lcd on my desk telling me all the temps and rpms, etc

ty :)

oh i plan on using the mx4 lcds if that helps, can some one tell me what the big defrense between mx4 and mx 5 is?

Bernie
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Bernie »

Hello, I will leave the fan inquiries up to our technical dept to answer, however, the MX4 and MX5 are different for there technologies. The VFD (Vaccum Florecent) unit, versus the LCD(Liquid Crystal), will have wider viewing angles and are usually used for applications with extented temperature requirements. The filter options are also useful for some outdoor applications...to help filter out direct sunlight..

The selection to use the VFD or LCD will basicly depend on the end application and your personal preference.

Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions or concerns.

Regards,
Bernadine

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

The length depends upon three things really. The type of cable used, shielding and termination. We do not provide any termination on our end, just a simplified driver. With that being said, 10 feet should be fine, however we have not tested at that length and cannot quarantee anything. If you do try it at this length, please let us know!! :o
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

Savi
LCD?

Post by Savi »

ok ty i think the mx4 will be good for me just going to use indoors, and i will let you know when i try to extend the temp cables :) will be a while before i can try though. but do you have any recomandations on what type of wire i should use?.

any one know about the fan controler? :)

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

You can use the same wire used on the temperature probe. Some 26awg stranded wire should be fine. Make sure when you create the extensions to twist the wire like it was done on the the probe.

Best Regards,

Savi
LCD?

Post by Savi »

ah ok cool ty :) i will let you all know how it goes will be a while but ill let ya know :)