Dissapointed with VK204-24-USB and poor website info

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

orbitalstar
LCD?

Dissapointed with VK204-24-USB and poor website info

Post by orbitalstar »

Hi there,

Your service has been excellent let me firstly say. Good responses to email and fast shipping of the product.
However, I have been researching the spec of all of your products and as with many people buying such Visual Displays, the dimensions specififed on the site are so vital.
I would suggest that you provide better information as regards this. I wanted to buy a base unit where by the front display area sits inside and partly through a "hole" in my shuttle case. It was important to know the dimensions of which I looked over and checked over and over. You use very "loose" terms for what is meant by the "module size" and "display area" etc. Some of the dimensions I personally wouldnt even agree with.

My problem is that I have just payed to import one to myself in the UK, and it now is useless as wont fit how I want it to. This is because you call the "display size" the area where by you actually have text showing EXACTLY. I read this to mean the entire display area including the perspex it is encased in. i.e. below picture i took that to mean the entire black area off of the circuit board.

Also, mine looks NOTHING like the above display, in that the circuit board has parts in different places on the front and most importantly, the display is portrayed in that picture as being really black like the plexi displays, where by you cant really see inside them and all you would see is the text displayed. This is not the case, it looks from the front, just like the below mx5 series; is this because in the picture on the website you used a filter on it? If so you should say "photo'd with XXX filter".

I just feel you need to be more clear with what you are selling as this is how customers become dissapointed. For example, you don't CLEARLY specify that your bare base prodcuts DO NOT come with a copy of LCDC. There is no reason why you would in any way lose any more customers by just pointing out little things like this.

EDIT > Forgot to add, just one other thing. My display has a bizarre looking kind of burnt patch in the bottom left corner of the front display, like when an LCD/VFD screen has been pushed hard by a finger and it all goes a funny colour. Its only a mm or two from obstructing the bottom left character. Is this normal?

Kind regards

Miles
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Miles »

Thank you for posting on our forums. We appreciate your feedback as we take customers comments very seriously. We are constantly upgrading and improving our website with the customer in mind. We do our best to make sure a purchase is simple and comfortable.

In regards to the measurements on the website, they are accurate and true. One dimension which will be added shortly is "Display Area". We provide as much detail as possible on the description page. For a more indepth look at functionality and physical dimensions, we provide a manual in a pdf format that can be downloaded and viewed. In the manual, a very descriptive physical dimension is included for those customers that are installing our module in a precise application.

As the majority of our products are distributed as OEM parts, LCDC is only included as a package that we provide and clearly state for the MX Series. The reason it isn't stated for the VK204-24-USB is because it is not included.

The "burn mark" on the display is normal. This is done to establish a grounding point during the manufacturing process of the display.

I apologize for any confusion regarding this matter. We are always open to questions regarding our product. Please do not hesitate to contact us. If you are not completely satisfied with our product, please email me at myero@matrixorbital.ca. We stand behind our product 100% and if your not happy, then we're not happy.
Miles Y.
Head of Technical Support
Product Manager
Matrix Orbital

orbitalstar
LCD?

Post by orbitalstar »

Miles wrote:Thank you for posting on our forums. We appreciate your feedback as we take customers comments very seriously. We are constantly upgrading and improving our website with the customer in mind. We do our best to make sure a purchase is simple and comfortable.

In regards to the measurements on the website, they are accurate and true. One dimension which will be added shortly is "Display Area". We provide as much detail as possible on the description page. For a more indepth look at functionality and physical dimensions, we provide a manual in a pdf format that can be downloaded and viewed. In the manual, a very descriptive physical dimension is included for those customers that are installing our module in a precise application.

As the majority of our products are distributed as OEM parts, LCDC is only included as a package that we provide and clearly state for the MX Series. The reason it isn't stated for the VK204-24-USB is because it is not included.

The "burn mark" on the display is normal. This is done to establish a grounding point during the manufacturing process of the display.

I apologize for any confusion regarding this matter. We are always open to questions regarding our product. Please do not hesitate to contact us. If you are not completely satisfied with our product, please email me at myero@matrixorbital.ca. We stand behind our product 100% and if your not happy, then we're not happy.
Thanks Miles. Appreciate the response. No problem about the LCDC thing. I did understand this, just wanted to make sure it was slightly more clear for others. The measurments are very well detailed in the .pdf maual, of which I wish I had taken a good look at. Perhaps this should be encouraged more on the website as isnt THAT obvious.

Good about the "burn" mark then. Thanks.

Finally, I have sent you an email asking about filter info. What is the filter used in the pictures on the website for the VK204-24-USB? I am interested as to what the filter is made out of and how thick the filters are.

Kind regards