HyperTerminal with the GLK12232 for testing?

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

eger
LCD?

HyperTerminal with the GLK12232 for testing?

Post by eger »

I got HyperTerminal working with the GLK12232-SM-25 (rev 1.1a) for testing text and codes. But some things I can't seem to get working.

I can type text and issue a command (alt-0254) then some commands work fine like clear screen, backlight on/off. For example: ALT-0254 then SHIFT-X will clear the screen fine.

I can't get things to work like drawing a simple line or box though.

When I do:
ALT-0254 ALT-108 0 0 ALT-31 ALT-31

I THINK I should get a line from the top left to the bottom of the screen 32 pixels out.

I've also tried:
ALT-0254 ALT-108 ALT-0 ALT-0 ALT-31 ALT-31
ALT-0254 ALT-0108 ALT-0 ALT-0 ALT-31 ALT-31
ALT-0254 ALT-0108 0 0 9 9 (small diagonal line starting from top left)

Is there something special I am missing for issuing commands via Hyperterm?

I also tried initializing/filling bar graphs, setting fonts, and other things which don't work. When setting the font via Hyperterm it seems to set no font and I can't display text anymore until I go intil mogd a set a current font ID.

Are there any other programs I can use for sending raw commands to the GLK12232 for use other than say, a BASIC stamp?

Any info would be great,

Thanks!

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Hi eger,

You won't be able to send any commands via hyperterminal. You can only send text and receive characters via hyperterminal. You can test the unit out with a basic stamp. You can find application notes for the basic stamp at http://www.matrixorbital.ca/appnotes/basic_stamp/ . You can also test the program out with a software program called uproject, which can be downloaded at http://www.matrixorbital.ca/software/so ... /uproject/

If you have anymore questions or concerns, please feel free to post them.

Best Regards,