faulty VK204-24-USB

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

veehexx
LCD?

faulty VK204-24-USB

Post by veehexx »

had this display around 6 months now, and i`ve recently done a pc upgrade, so PC has been fully stripped out, including the VFD display which i put safely to one side, in an anti-static bag to save any damage being done.

i come to refit it, and plug the two cables in (USB and the 4pin power). nothing. display stays unlit and doesnt come to light at all.

i`ve checked for any accidental damage - like pins being bent & touching each other, and any burnt or missing caps or resistors i could of knocked off but it all seems mint condition.

anything i can try before i RMA it? it's rev1.1 if it makes any odds...

Nick
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Nick »

Hi Veehexx,

Have you ensured that you have installed all the correct drivers for the display. If you know that you have installed the correct drivers, please try removing and uninstalling all drivers for the display, reboot and re-install the drivers. Please make sure you are following the manual. '

If you continue to have problems, please post again and we will try to help you out.

Regards,
Nick Hesson
Sales Rep.
Matrix Orbital

veehexx
LCD?

Post by veehexx »

yep, thats been checked.

but also, when you turn the PC on (power to the LCD panel) it comes with with a kinda test screen with the MO logo, and "matrix orbital VFD display" just so you know it's powered up.

device manager cant even see it, let alone saying it's not working properly.

thanks for the reply nick :)

tim

Nick
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Nick »

veehexx,

Have you tried downloaded the most recent drivers from our website?
If not, you can download them here: http://www.matrixorbital.ca/drivers/USB_Drivers_V14.zip

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Nick Hesson
Sales Rep.
Matrix Orbital

veehexx
LCD?

Post by veehexx »

tried the drivers as a fresh install (removed the old drivers pre-install of these drivers you list)

also, i`m on a fresh install of winXPhome+SP2 , with those latest drivers and still no luck.

Nick
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Nick »

Please contact Tom Lam for an RMA. His email address is tlam@matrixorbital.ca

Please explain to him everything we have discussed.

Regards,
Nick Hesson
Sales Rep.
Matrix Orbital

veehexx
LCD?

Post by veehexx »

wow, thanks for the uber quick reply :) much appreciated. having a bit of grief with the place i bought it from, as they did a custom order from you for this VFD panel, and since i know the place i bought it from personally, i got no reciept and they didnt put their waranty sticker on it anywhere - live and learn, eh?

i`ll go send an email off now, thanks :)
tim

extra300s_us
LCD?

Post by extra300s_us »

having same trouble with my mx212. have floppy power plugged in and internal usb hooked up properly, have xp pro x64 new sli build, just downloaded new 64 bit drivers successfully, get logo screen at power up and lcd slowly fades to black. lcdc sees display and tried sending test items with no response from display. please help

Jon
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Jon »

Hi extra300s_us,

Do you still have another version of windows that you can test the display on? This would help rule out the drivers, or the operating system being the cause of the problem. Thanks.

Jon