problem with lcd2041

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

dragons_fire
LCD?

problem with lcd2041

Post by dragons_fire »

i have an lcd 2041 that i am using for robotics using ttl and 5v... i have had it working fine for about a month, and now it wont turn on.. im almost positive that it was not wired wrong, and that it was not subjected to more than 5v. nothin on the board looks damaged. what can i do to fix it??

thanks for the help
Danny

dragons_fire
LCD?

Post by dragons_fire »

so nothing looks wrong with the board. im getting 4.996V across vcc and gnd. current measures 0mA between my power supply and the lcd...

thanks
Danny

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hi Danny,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

Can you please tell me where exactly you measure Vcc from? I have a feeling that somehow something is disconnected.
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

dragons_fire
LCD?

Post by dragons_fire »

everything on the board looks fine... i measured across the two outside solder pads below the 4-pin header... i have tried sending it different codes, including the turn on code, and i just dont get any response.. im pretty sure i didnt do anything wrong, although i could be wrong.

thanks for all the help...
Danny

Raquel
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Raquel »

Hi Danny,

I have replied to you via email.
Thank you.
Raquel Malinis
Design and Development
Matrix Orbital

dragons_fire
LCD?

Post by dragons_fire »

Thanks, i sent Tom an E-mail. i just purchased an LK-204-25-V to replace the LCD2041 for now in my project, but i would still like to get the first one working...

thanks for the help
Danny

Tom
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Tom »

Danny,

I keep on getting errors, everytime I email you. Can you give me another email account to email to?

dragons_fire
LCD?

Post by dragons_fire »

hi tom, i just sent you a pm with my contact info on it. i think the problem is in the serial board, i tried measuring the voltage across the first 2 pins of the board with the lcd on it. im not getting any voltage there....
Danny

dragons_fire
LCD?

Post by dragons_fire »

i just thought i should let everyone know, i had some problems with my lcd, i took it back to matrix orbital, and they were very helpful.. they fixed the screen for me without any problems....

i have been very pleased with them, and will continue to buy screens from them...
Danny