LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

ninjutsuassasin
LCD?

Blue VFD actualy blue?

Post by ninjutsuassasin »

I know this is a noob thing to ask, but
I was thinking about purchasing the BVK202A-BK,
it says vfd color is blue and doesnt list a blue filter in the items it comes with, so is the vfd actualy blue? i would guess they only come in green.
all I am looking for is a 5.25 drivebay VFD thats a deep blue in color via filter or otherwise. I am fairly sure i am limited to a 20x2 but a 20x4 would be nice too.

What products would you guys recomend? Thanks for your help

--Chris

miniminus
LCD!

Post by miniminus »

the VFD screens them selfs are greeny blue ...
i wanted mine to be nice and green and the green filter didnt really change it all that much (plus its reasonable thick so could'nt really fit it anyhows :(

so not sure how blue the blue filter will make it ??

Mick ...

Clare
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Clare »

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your post!

I took a look at the website and indeed, it does say that the color for the BVK202A-BK is blue in color. This is not the case. :(

The BVK202A-BK does not come with any filters, just the VFD display. I would describe the color as light greenish?

If you wanted a blue filter for your VFD, you would have to purchase one seperately.

Here is the link:

http://www.matrixorbital.com/product_in ... vfd-filter

The filter does add some thickness to the front of the display. The color in the picture on the website is pretty accurate but that picture was taken in a "high" light and would be a bit more dark than the picture.
a
The BVK202A-BK which has a 20X2 VFD display fits into a 5 1/4 inch Bay Insert.

I hope that helps.

If you have more questions please let me know.

Thanks,
Clare