I think my GLK12232 Copped it

LK/ELK/VK/PK/OK/MX/GLK/EGLK/GVK/GLT Series

Moderators: Henry, Mods

Shak
LCD Guru

Post by Shak »

Hiyas,

I just tried smartie on my display...now it will no longer pick up text through mogd or images...I can change the contrast but any data on the screen is a no-no.

What is wrong with it?

Shak

Dexter
LCD Geek

Post by Dexter »

hmm, try reloading a font in the "1" position. maybe smartie cleared out your memory.

Shak
LCD Guru

Post by Shak »

Just done that, no luck it wont draw a line either...is it dead?

Shak

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

Whipe the memory and reipload smallfilled font to #1; reset the speed and contrast... if you can turn the backlight on and off it's a good thing, just sounds like the font got corrupted do to a buffer overrun because LCD Smartie is not written for the graphics.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Shak
LCD Guru

Post by Shak »

still just produces a small dot (1 pix x 1 pix) in the top corner...is there a way to hardware reset it?

Shak

Shak
LCD Guru

Post by Shak »

It now can display text in small filled but no other fonts, they just look distorted...like not characters...how can I sort this?

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

1.9 Manual Override

Manual override should only be required in one instance. If for some reason the module is set at a baud rate which cannot be produced by the host system and all communication to the display is lost, then the user should follow this simple procedure:

Turn off the display
Put a jumper on pins 5 and 6 of the keypad connector.
Power up the display. The baud rate is now set to 19,200.
Remove the jumper and change the RS-232 port settings to the desired baud rate.
Turn off the display.
Power up the display.
Refer to the "Set RS-232 Port Speed" command (section 7.1.10) for acceptable baud rates.

Note: This procedure does not change settings in the memory chip, it uses default settings stored in the main processor. This allows the user to communicate with the display when all other communications are lost. Once able to communicate with the display, the user may then change the default settings in the memory chip.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

Shak
LCD Guru

Post by Shak »

hmm, where do I get a jumper? argh! I am pi**ed off @ LCD Smartie

Shak

Ray
Matrix Orbital
Matrix Orbital

Post by Ray »

On 2002-06-27 15:30, Shak wrote:
hmm, where do I get a jumper? argh!
Pull one of some old hardware (harddisk) or if you don't have that carefully put a teaspoon or something else metal between the two pins or someting (at your own risc ofcourse , the jumper way is the preferred way to do it)

Shak
LCD Guru

Post by Shak »

Aha, found a jumper will sort the problem ASAP and report back..what software shall I use instead of smartie? I cant afford to pay :sad:

Shak

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

LCD Center works on the GLK12232-25
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital

itsme
LCD?

Post by itsme »

I received yesterday my GLK12232, and found similar problems to the ones described here.
I first had trouble getting mogd to display "Matrix Orbital Graphic Demo". The LCD wanted to display "MatDe" only. Changed COM speeds several times only to get different results but nothing much better. The graphic tests went OK.
Suddenly it started working.
I tried LCDCenter, LCDStats and Smartie (all in the latest versions). Not a single one of this programs worked fine. Most of them could display only the "first screen" programmed, and following screens just overlapped on top.
I enabled the auto-scroll, and things got much better, but i still had some overlapping.
I replaced the fot in position 1 to "small font" (not "clear"), and programs were more "useable", but still nothing perfect.
LCDStats is the one that worked better, but still, the LCD sometimes "hangs", and I have no other option than to power it down, try mogd.exe, and if it doesn't work, reload the fonts again, load a graphic and try mogd tests again.
I always have control of backlight and contrast (as someone mentioned before too).

Shak
LCD Guru

Post by Shak »

Mine wont do anything at all :sad: It has a backlight, thats it at the moment! Henry this is annoying! I have the first portion of LCDConsole Programmed (the linux console on a display)

Shak

Mat-Moo
LCD Guru

Post by Mat-Moo »

LCDC also works with no issues (any more!) on the GLK12232 - I have one here... Of course transitions and update speeds are slower so you'll just have to wait for LCDG :smile:

Henry
OMNIPRESENT
OMNIPRESENT

Post by Henry »

if you power the LCD up with the jumper on pins 5+6, then take the jumper off and try to talk to it, can you? turn the backlight on and off, that's the best test.
Henry J.
President
Matrix Orbital